- People are celebrating #BiVisibilityDay with art and selfies 9 Months Ago
- Six U.S. cities among the world’s most surveilled places 9 Months Ago
- Facebook page faces backlash for selling ‘Christian yoga certification’ Today 2:03 PM
- A million-mile Tesla battery may be around the corner Today 1:29 PM
- Our 5 favorite AirPod charging cases at every price point Today 1:10 PM
- Amazon Prime almost completely swept the Emmys’ comedy section Today 12:31 PM
- People are outraged that a 6-year-old was arrested for a temper tantrum Today 12:26 PM
- A tropical storm named Karen is sparking jokes about calling the manager Today 12:18 PM
- Patriotic Facebook page reaching millions of Americans is run by Ukrainians Today 12:11 PM
- Review: ‘Color Out of Space’ and the cosmic horror of an uninvited guest Today 11:58 AM
- Snap’s ‘Project Voldemort’ dossier details Facebook’s bullying tactics Today 11:42 AM
- Conservatives compare teen activist Greta Thunberg to Nazi poster girl Today 11:17 AM
- Trump’s immigration czar is upset climate activists are calling out capitalism Today 10:47 AM
- A bunch of popular YouTube channels were the victims of a nasty hack Today 10:10 AM
- Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, other festivals pledge to not use facial recognition Today 9:47 AM
The victim, who has been identified as William Little, reportedly took the video to send to his girlfriend at a bar near Boston, Mass., after she didn’t believe his initial accounts.
Little was 18-years-old when the incident took place in 2016, though he claimed to Spacey that he was 23-years-old before the two began drinking together. Little was working as a busboy at the restaurant where two-time Oscar winner Spacey was present, and Little had stayed behind to take photos with the actor.
After the two began drinking, Spacey reportedly invited Little to his place with a group of other friends. Little declined, suspecting that Spacey would try to “seduce” him.
When Little later asked for a photo with him, Spacey offered again for him to come to his place in exchange for a photo, and then began molesting him, which the victim then recorded on Snapchat to send to his girlfriend.
“Will tried to shift away with his body and move Spacey’s hands away with his hands but Spacey kept reaching down his pants,” the charges against Spacey read. “Will said his girlfriend did not believe him so that’s when he Snapchatted the video.”
Spacey is scheduled to be formally charged on Jan. 7 in Nantucket, where the restaurant in question is located. He could face up to five years of prison if charged.
- Kevin Spacey just posted a creepy video on YouTube
- These YouTube videos of young girls are still drawing plenty of creepy comments
- Jack Black is launching a meme-filled YouTube channel
Samira Sadeque is a New York-based journalist reporting on immigration, sexual violence, and mental health, and will sometimes write about memes and dinosaurs too. Her work also appears in Reuters, NPR, and NBC among other publications. She graduated from Columbia Journalism School, and her work has been nominated for SAJA awards. Follow: @Samideque