- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
Katy Perry channels Marshawn Lynch, trolls Super Bowl press
“I’m just here so I don’t get fined.”
There have been quite a number of controversies leading up to this year’s Super Bowl. First, it was the New England Patriots and #deflategate that took over sports headlines. Then, it was the Seattle Seahawks‘ turn in the spotlight as Marshawn Lynch got contentious with reporters on media day by repeatedly stating, “I’m just here so I won’t get fined.”
But never one to miss a good controversy, Katy Perry decided to jump into the fray on Thursday during a press conference for the big game. When a reporter from E! posed a question to Perry about her love life the halftime headliner defaulted to “Beast Mode” not once but twice. As you can imagine, the results were priceless.
But don’t worry, Seahawks fans. Perry ribbed both teams evenly as she rolled out the requisite #deflategate jokes.
Leave it to Katy Perry to define a whole new level of trolling.
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.