- Instagram revokes Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro’s verified status Wednesday 5:23 PM
- Transgender people suffer when debates over their rights are framed as ‘distractions’ Wednesday 4:57 PM
- Hulu with Live TV just hiked its prices Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Hacker infiltrates Nest cameras to gain PewDiePie subscribers Wednesday 2:37 PM
- YouTube time traveler claims MLK’s granddaughter will be the last U.S. president Wednesday 2:30 PM
- Media coverage of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitch cameo erases Chelsea Manning Wednesday 1:39 PM
- New Alexa skill lets you sing with Queen’s Freddie Mercury Wednesday 1:13 PM
- Netflix is the first streaming platform to join MPAA Wednesday 12:59 PM
- Can you spot an email from a hacker? Wednesday 12:46 PM
- Gina Rodriguez cries over being called anti-Black, gets dragged for ‘fake tears’ Wednesday 12:21 PM
- Boots Riley explains why he got snubbed by the Oscars Wednesday 12:20 PM
- Review: ‘Buffy’ returns with a modern comic book reboot Wednesday 11:47 AM
- You’re about to see a lot more Netflix on your Instagram Wednesday 11:32 AM
- Covington students defend blackface video as ‘school spirit’ Wednesday 11:30 AM
- This YouTuber reportedly filmed himself abusing his cat—and his channel is still active Wednesday 11:18 AM
It was just a harmless painting of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) as a vampire evaporating in the sunlight.
On Sunday, Jim Carrey shared another one of his wacky political paintings, this time of incumbent Texas Senate candidate Cruz as an apparent vampire being roasted by sunlight and his opponent Beto O’Rourke. Carrey wrote: “Go Beto! Go Democrats! Vote like there’s no tomorrow. Let’s make this Tuesday like the end of every great vampire movie. Pull back the curtains and let the sunshine turn all those bloodsuckers to dust.”
Go Beto! Go Democrats! Vote like there’s no tomorrow. Let’s make this Tuesday like the end of every great vampire movie. Pull back the curtains and let the sunshine turn all those bloodsuckers to dust. pic.twitter.com/WWwspze5fU
— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) November 5, 2018
Cruz responded to the tweet yesterday, calling out the “Hollywood liberals all in for Beto” and pointing out that the actor “made a mistake here: Vampires are dead, and everyone knows the dead vote Democrat…..”
Hollywood liberals all in for Beto. But (self-described socialist) Jim Carrey made a mistake here: Vampires are dead, and everyone knows the dead vote Democrat…. https://t.co/pz2g4RYmMp
— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) November 5, 2018
While this isn’t the first time Cruz has been made into a vampire, Carrey followed up, elbowing Cruz for “sucking up to the guy who called your wife ugly and accused your dad of murder. But I get it! It’s hard to say no when Trump grabs ya by the pussy!” Carrey is referring to a 2016 Donald Trump tweet that disparaged wife Heidi Cruz’s looks and Trump’s baseless claim that same year that Cruz’s father was photographed with Lee Harvey Oswald before JFK’s assassination.
Wow…sorry I rattled your chain, @TedCruz. I thought you would have more important things to do two days before an election — like sucking up to the guy who called your wife ugly and accused your dad of murder. But I get it! It’s hard to say no when Trump grabs ya by the pussy!
— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) November 6, 2018
As of Tuesday morning, Cruz has not responded to being owned by a Hollywood liberal. Last week, he made a desperate attempt to appeal to the internet vote with a Zodiac Killer tweet, taking the air out of a years-old meme claiming Cruz is actually the infamous serial killer who was active in and around San Francisco in the ’60s and ’70s—and who was never caught.
Last week, Carrey posted a more chaotic painting, urging his followers: “Vote Democrat. Help save the future. DON’T FOLLOW THE RED HAT TO HELL!”
The GOP are now completely invested in Trump’s economy of LIES. They say they’re gonna give you HEALTHCARE while working to destroy it. They make up lies about refugees while KIDNAPPING INNOCENT CHILDREN! Vote Democrat. Help save the future. DON’T FOLLOW THE RED HAT TO HELL! pic.twitter.com/YCzppLRnmM
— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) October 30, 2018
H/T USA Today
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.