- How safe is the ‘safest’ place in Winterfell? 6 Months Ago
- Gynecologist explains why garlic shouldn’t go in vaginas Wednesday 7:08 PM
- People on Twitter are posting the 5 weirdest jobs they’ve had for this meme Wednesday 6:48 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Jax ends slavery—and gamers are pissed Wednesday 5:46 PM
- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Wednesday 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Wednesday 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Wednesday 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Wednesday 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Wednesday 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Wednesday 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Wednesday 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Wednesday 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Wednesday 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Wednesday 10:52 AM
It was just a harmless painting of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) as a vampire evaporating in the sunlight.
On Sunday, Jim Carrey shared another one of his wacky political paintings, this time of incumbent Texas Senate candidate Cruz as an apparent vampire being roasted by sunlight and his opponent Beto O’Rourke. Carrey wrote: “Go Beto! Go Democrats! Vote like there’s no tomorrow. Let’s make this Tuesday like the end of every great vampire movie. Pull back the curtains and let the sunshine turn all those bloodsuckers to dust.”
Go Beto! Go Democrats! Vote like there’s no tomorrow. Let’s make this Tuesday like the end of every great vampire movie. Pull back the curtains and let the sunshine turn all those bloodsuckers to dust. pic.twitter.com/WWwspze5fU
— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) November 5, 2018
Cruz responded to the tweet yesterday, calling out the “Hollywood liberals all in for Beto” and pointing out that the actor “made a mistake here: Vampires are dead, and everyone knows the dead vote Democrat…..”
Hollywood liberals all in for Beto. But (self-described socialist) Jim Carrey made a mistake here: Vampires are dead, and everyone knows the dead vote Democrat…. https://t.co/pz2g4RYmMp
— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) November 5, 2018
While this isn’t the first time Cruz has been made into a vampire, Carrey followed up, elbowing Cruz for “sucking up to the guy who called your wife ugly and accused your dad of murder. But I get it! It’s hard to say no when Trump grabs ya by the pussy!” Carrey is referring to a 2016 Donald Trump tweet that disparaged wife Heidi Cruz’s looks and Trump’s baseless claim that same year that Cruz’s father was photographed with Lee Harvey Oswald before JFK’s assassination.
Wow…sorry I rattled your chain, @TedCruz. I thought you would have more important things to do two days before an election — like sucking up to the guy who called your wife ugly and accused your dad of murder. But I get it! It’s hard to say no when Trump grabs ya by the pussy!
— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) November 6, 2018
As of Tuesday morning, Cruz has not responded to being owned by a Hollywood liberal. Last week, he made a desperate attempt to appeal to the internet vote with a Zodiac Killer tweet, taking the air out of a years-old meme claiming Cruz is actually the infamous serial killer who was active in and around San Francisco in the ’60s and ’70s—and who was never caught.
Last week, Carrey posted a more chaotic painting, urging his followers: “Vote Democrat. Help save the future. DON’T FOLLOW THE RED HAT TO HELL!”
The GOP are now completely invested in Trump’s economy of LIES. They say they’re gonna give you HEALTHCARE while working to destroy it. They make up lies about refugees while KIDNAPPING INNOCENT CHILDREN! Vote Democrat. Help save the future. DON’T FOLLOW THE RED HAT TO HELL! pic.twitter.com/YCzppLRnmM
— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) October 30, 2018
H/T USA Today
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.