- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Saturday 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Saturday 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
Apple Music nabs ‘Late Late Show’ hit Carpool Karaoke for weekly series
Celebrities in cars getting funky.
The 16-episode weekly series will reportedly keep the Late Late Show format, and Corden will serve as executive producer. A host is yet to be announced, and some fans on Twitter weren’t pleased that Corden will not be in the driver’s seat.
Carpool Karaoke has followed in the viral path of Lip Sync Battle, which was originally a segment on The Tonight Show before debuting on Spike in 2015. Coincidentally, Spike will be debuting a new Craig Robinson-hosted show, Caraoke Showdown, a merging of Carpool Karaoke and Cash Cab, in case the landscape wasn’t saturated enough.
Views on Corden’s clips have certainly eclipsed any other viral segments coming out of late night: The recent Michelle Obama-Missy Elliott video has more than 32 million views, and his segment with Adele has more than 119 million.
Apple Music has been attempting to enter the streaming series race, announcing earlier this year that it was producing an original series with Dr. Dre. This acquisition actually makes sense: Fans looking for music from the show won’t have to look far, or go to a competitor like Spotify.
A release date has not been set.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.