- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Monday 11:33 AM
Jake Paul’s lawyer responds to allegations that women were drugged at party
Los Angeles police are reportedly investigating.
Initial reports that stemmed from Paul’s bash described the possibility that as many as nine women were drugged. Somebody identifying herself as the mother of one of the women wrote on a local mom’s Facebook group that her daughter “ended up in the hospital with eight other girls who had been drugged and … ended up incoherent. Something was put in their drinks. The girls were all half naked and unable to walk or talk.”
According to BuzzFeed News, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department is investigating one “occurrence of unwillful impairment.” Paul’s lawyer, Stanton “Larry” Stein, told the allegation that “we take this claim very seriously. And we are working with authorities to make absolutely sure we do our part to uncover the truth.”
An anonymous Paul representative told BuzzFeed News that Paul hasn’t been questioned or approached for an interview by police. There is no indication that Paul was involved in the alleged incident or was anywhere nearby when it might have occurred.
According to that anonymous person, Paul also hired 38 security officers who were checking the IDs of partygoers and attempting to keep the peace. The now-deleted Instagram account of @firestation88, which serves the Calabasas area where Paul lives, posted a photo from Paul’s house and said workers spent much of their Saturday night “transporting multiple patients” from the party to the hospital.
There was apparently another injury suffered away from the party. ABC7 reported that an elderly neighbor tried calling the police after one of the party attendees entered her backyard and allegedly began banging on her door. As she went to call the police, she apparently fell face-first onto her stone floor.
As of this writing, Paul hasn’t directly commented on the party via social media. He did not respond to a Daily Dot request for comment.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.