- Jared Leto reportedly tried to stop ‘Joker’ from happening Sunday 4:12 PM
- People are grossed out by cow insemination-themed pregnancy announcement Sunday 3:13 PM
- Major protests in Lebanon triggered by plan to tax WhatsApp calls Sunday 1:38 PM
- Frank Ocean’s $60 HIV prevention drug-themed shirts called tone-deaf Sunday 12:49 PM
- ‘Joker’ stairs latest Instagram spot; locals joke about potential robberies Sunday 10:30 AM
- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes Sunday 8:46 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Sunday 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Sunday 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Sunday 4:00 AM
- How to stream Texans vs. Colts in Week 7 Sunday 3:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Liverpool Saturday 10:00 PM
Initial reports that stemmed from Paul’s bash described the possibility that as many as nine women were drugged. Somebody identifying herself as the mother of one of the women wrote on a local mom’s Facebook group that her daughter “ended up in the hospital with eight other girls who had been drugged and … ended up incoherent. Something was put in their drinks. The girls were all half naked and unable to walk or talk.”
According to BuzzFeed News, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department is investigating one “occurrence of unwillful impairment.” Paul’s lawyer, Stanton “Larry” Stein, told the allegation that “we take this claim very seriously. And we are working with authorities to make absolutely sure we do our part to uncover the truth.”
An anonymous Paul representative told BuzzFeed News that Paul hasn’t been questioned or approached for an interview by police. There is no indication that Paul was involved in the alleged incident or was anywhere nearby when it might have occurred.
According to that anonymous person, Paul also hired 38 security officers who were checking the IDs of partygoers and attempting to keep the peace. The now-deleted Instagram account of @firestation88, which serves the Calabasas area where Paul lives, posted a photo from Paul’s house and said workers spent much of their Saturday night “transporting multiple patients” from the party to the hospital.
There was apparently another injury suffered away from the party. ABC7 reported that an elderly neighbor tried calling the police after one of the party attendees entered her backyard and allegedly began banging on her door. As she went to call the police, she apparently fell face-first onto her stone floor.
As of this writing, Paul hasn’t directly commented on the party via social media. He did not respond to a Daily Dot request for comment.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.