- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
Popular IRL streamer Ice Poseidon said this week that he was kicking Sam Pepper out of his YouTube network for engaging in private talks with Ice Poseidon’s girlfriend that he said “crossed the line.”
As Newsweek writes, Ice Poseidon and Sam Pepper became friends and IRL (in real life) streaming partners last year. But that partnership has supposedly ended now after their feud has exploded on YouTube.
According to a stream from Pepper, he recently called Ice Poseidon’s girlfriend, Kimberly, after he couldn’t get in touch with Ice Poseidon in the midst of their beefing.
“She kind of told me something and [said] don’t repeat it to Ice,” Pepper said. “It was such a little thing. It was completely irrelevant to everything. It was one of those things that Ice told her and she didn’t want Ice to know it went around in a circle.”
Eventually, Pepper said that he figured out that the piece of information Kimberly had told him might have been the reason Ice Poseidon was upset with him. So, Pepper asked him about it, and Ice Poseidon then texted Kimberly to ask if she had told Pepper that personal tidbit.
“I’m like, ‘Look, if you tell him you told me, you two are going to get into a big fight,’” Pepper said. “It’s stupid. You’ll get into a fight over literally nothing.”
Pepper told her not to tell Ice Poseidon that she had told Pepper the information. Ice Poseidon apparently didn’t like that secrecy, even though Pepper said there was nothing sexual in the exchange.
In his own stream, Ice Poseidon said, “I think he crossed a certain line that he shouldn’t have crossed.” He also called Pepper “manipulative” and said he was “trying to dictate her emotions to get one over on me.”
“That’s kind of fucked up,” Ice Poseidon said. “I felt he was using her as a tool to win this argument against me.”
This isn’t the first time Pepper has embroiled himself in controversy.
In 2014, Pepper filmed a prank video of himself groping unsuspecting women, and he was later accused of rape. Pepper further enflamed the YouTube community in 2015 when he posted a prank video of himself pretending to kidnap and murder a pair of social media stars.
He disappeared from the internet in 2016, basically imploding his YouTube career, but he began streaming with Ice Poseidon in 2018,
As DramaAlert’s Keemstar said in a recent video, “Many people think Ice Poseidon gave Sam Pepper another career with streaming.”
But the two began bickering this week after Pepper ruined an apparent surprise that Ice Poseidon and another one of his partners, Scuffled Steve Jobs, had been planning for their followers. SSJ and Pepper went back and forth, and after Kimberly was included in the melee, Ice Poseidon eventually tweeted this, much to the celebration of many of Ice Poseidon’s fans (though some on his subreddit believe this might be a stunt).
Due to reasons I choose to not disclose, Sam Pepper is banned on my Reddit and removed from the network. He crossed a line that a friend should NEVER cross and enough is enough.— Ice_Poseidon (@REALIcePoseidon) January 29, 2019
This is not an ssj influenced event or decision, it’s from my own experiences and thoughts.🦀🦀
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.