- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Monday 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Monday 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Monday 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Monday 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Monday 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Monday 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Monday 1:24 PM
After a 25-year hiatus, Twin Peaks returned more bold and creative than ever in May. The acclaimed series from auteur David Lynch, which originally aired on ABC, premiered its 18-hour reboot to instant acclaim. But if you’re like most of us, you’ve never seen it.
There’s social pressure to watch, too. Though it only aired for two seasons, plus a movie, this is the series that changed television. The good news is that it’s never been easier to go on a weekend bender and catch up.
How to watch Twin Peaks on Netflix
Are you a Netflix subscriber? Say no more fam: The series is available via the streaming giant.
How to watch Twin Peaks on Hulu
Oh, so you’re one of those Hulu people, huh? You’re in luck. You can watch the first two seasons, but the new episodes are only available to Showtime subscribers. If you’re mostly curious about the original, you can sign-up for a free 30-day trial on Hulu and see what you’ve been missing all these years.
How to watch Twin Peaks on Amazon
Each season will run you eight bucks on Amazon, but Prime subscribers get it for free. But if you want to catch up on the series, and then pivot toward Twin Peaks 2017, you can add Showtime to your Amazon Prime package for only $8.99 a month, and there’s a free seven-day trial to get you started. The first four parts of the Twin Peaks season 3 are currently available on Amazon via Showtime.
How to watch Twin Peaks on Showtime
Given that you can watch the series first and via the Showtime app on most streaming platforms (officially: Amazon, Android, Apple TV, Hulu, PlayStation Vue, Roku, Sling, YouTube TV, satellite, cable), you may just want to pop for the Showtime app. It comes with a 30-day free trial and will run you $10.00 per month. Hey, that’s one night’s worth of downtown parking! But if you have Amazon Prime already, you can save a buck by adding the Showtime package.
If you watch the original two seasons, available via the app, and hate it, you can walk away without paying a dime.
There you have it. You’re officially out of excuses for not being able to watch Twin Peaks online.
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.