The National Wrestling Alliance has a relatively new studio TV show, a new influx of talent, and a new attitude. Now, it all needs is a new World Television Champion. That’s the main point of Friday night’s NWA Hard Times PPV.
With wrestlers such as The Question Mark, Zicky Dice, and rising newcomer Ricky Starks entered into an eight-man tournament, the last wrestler standing will be crowned the new World Television titleholder.
The NWA has begun making an impact in the past few months thanks to its studio show, seen weekly on Tuesdays as it’s broadcast from Atlanta on the promotion’s YouTube channel. The TV title should also be a fun throwback to the NWA of the 1980s, before it became WCW and where Hall of Famers like Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson held the belt.
In this case, though, The Question Mark, Dice, and Starks—who lost his Pure Prestige title in the independent Inspire Pro Wrestling promotion last Sunday in a match that featured an impressive double butt-to-butt spot vs. Effy—will have to run through a gauntlet of opponents to get their hands on the championship.
My night got absolutely made by the @InspireProWres PURE PRESTIGE CHAMPIONSHIP match! Just look at this artiststy in motion! @EFFYlives and @starkmanjones pulled out all the stops, and cheeks! pic.twitter.com/bw60j6eM8J
— ♦️BABYNUT♦️ (@ChangoATX) January 20, 2020
Though he’s not in the tournament, NWA heavyweight champion Nick Aldis also has a big match on the Hard Times card. He’ll face Flip Gordon, a standout for the Ring of Honor promotion, in an inter-promotional match. Aldis recently attacked Marty Scurll at an ROH taping in Atlanta—the NWA’s hometown—and he had a recent encounter with Villain Enterprises’ Brody King and Gordon.
BREAKING | NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis made a shocking appearance at #ROHCenterStage
— NWA (@nwa) January 12, 2020
It should be an intriguing card with plenty of mystery still to come. After all, we don’t know some of the tournament matchups that will take place.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch the NWA Hard Times live stream.
NWA Hard Times
- When: Friday, Jan. 24 at 7pm ET
- Where: GPB Studios in Atlanta
- Streaming: Fite TV
- Cost: $19.99
Hard Times live stream: How to watch online
The best way to watch these NWA wrestlers compete on Hard Times is through Fite TV.
Since it’s a PPV, there’s no legal way to get around the $19.99 fee to watch the card. But Fite TV (sign up here) has got you covered. Fite TV is available on services like Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Android and iOS devices, desktop and laptop computers, and smart TVs.
Fite TV showcases tons of pro wrestling on a weekly basis, including PPV broadcasts from Ring of Honor, Major League Wrestling, and Impact Wrestling.
NWA Hard Times scheduled fight card
(“c” indicates current champion)
- Nick Aldis vs. Flip Gordon
- World Television Championship tournament first-round match: Tim Storm vs. Ken Anderson
- World Television Championship tournament first-round match: Ricky Starks vs. Matt Cross
- World Television Championship tournament first-round match: Zicky Dice vs. Dan Maff
- World Television Championship tournament first-round match: The Question Mark vs. Trevor Murdoch
- Women’s World Championship match: Allysin Kay (c) vs. Thunder Rosa
- NWA National Title match: Aron Stevens vs. Scott Steiner
- World Tag Team Championship match: RNR Express (c) vs. The Wildcards vs. James Storm & Eli Drake
- World Television Championship tournament semifinals: Winner of Storm/Anderson vs. winner of Starks/Cross
- World Television Championship tournament semifinals: Winner of Dice/Maff vs. Winner of Question Mark/Murdoch
- World Television Championship tournament finals: Semifinal 1 winner vs. Semifinal 2 winner
For a year-round sports fix, sign up here and check the “sports” box to receive our weekly boxing newsletter. You’ll hear about all the biggest fights and best knockouts from the Daily Dot’s streaming sports guru Josh Katzowitz.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.