- Report: YouTube will no longer run ads on anti-vax channels 10 Months Ago
- Microsoft employees want to cancel a $479 million contract with the U.S. military Today 1:14 PM
- Queso recipe gets launched to space Today 10:09 AM
- ‘Isabelle Facts’ was a wholesome queer meme account—until harassers showed up Today 8:28 AM
- 2016 election stories the ‘Newsroom’ reboot will cover Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Brandon Rios vs. Humberto Soto for free Today 6:00 AM
- ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ heads to ‘Bly Manor’ for next installment Today 5:45 AM
- How to stream James DeGale vs. Chris Eubank Jr. for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 145 in Prague for free Today 5:00 AM
- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions Friday 2:47 PM
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update Friday 2:34 PM
Did Gwyneth Paltrow secretly get married in a ceremony produced by Ryan Murphy?
It’s not uncommon for a celeb to secretly get married, but it is a little less common for a celeb to secretly get married in a ceremony orchestrated by a famous TV producer. That may just be what Gwyneth Paltrow did this weekend.
In a vague Instagram post Monday, the Oscar-winner shared a photo of herself and fiancé Brad Falchuk, thanking a slew of people for helping her have an “incredible evening to celebrate [her] ❤.” Among the people thanked were the designer of her plum-colored dress, her hair and makeup team, and then Falchuk’s creative partner, American Horror Story producer Ryan Murphy. Apparently Murphy helped orchestrate this special evening as a surprise, but Paltrow’s caption makes it hard to say for sure what exactly the party entailed.
“Thank you @mrrpmurphy…” she wrote. “There will never be adequate words to express our gratitude… Thank you to all of our amazing true and dear friends who came to support us. We feel like the luckiest people on the planet because we have all of you in our lives. And most of all thank you @bradfalchukfor the true happiness.”
Thank you @mrrpmurphy for the most incredible evening to celebrate our ❤️. There will never be adequate words to express our gratitude. @giambattistavalliparis I will never get over my gorgeous dress. @georgieeisdell thank you. @hairbylorenzomartin thank you. @teamsaltzman thank you. Thank you to all of our amazing true and dear friends who came to support us. We feel like the luckiest people on the planet because we have all of you in our lives. And most of all thank you @bradfalchuk for the true happiness.
A post shared by Gwyneth Paltrow (@gwynethpaltrow) on
If a vows ceremony didn’t take place, the options are pretty limited as to what this event could have been. A high-budget engagement party seems to be most publications’ guess. But with a 400-guest roster that reportedly included “Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz and her husband Benji Madden, Julia Roberts and her husband Danny Moder, Demi Moore, Reese Witherspoon, Steven Spielberg, Liv Tyler, and pregnant Kate Hudson”—it doesn’t exactly sound like a surprise engagement party.
Congrats to the happy couple for whatever they just celebrated!
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.