- Parked Tesla Model S bursts into flames in shocking video 1 Year Ago
- Fortnite is getting an Avengers Endgame event Today 2:44 PM
- The living are facing the end of the world in the latest ‘Game of Thrones’ Today 2:37 PM
- The best Korean beauty toners for your skincare routine Today 2:33 PM
- Warren’s plan to cancel student debt stimulates the bad-take economy Today 2:27 PM
- Video shows Easter Bunny punching man on sidewalk Today 2:09 PM
- The 7 best lubes for when you wanna do butt stuff Today 2:00 PM
- 11 best sex toys under $35 to blow your mind Today 1:30 PM
- Twitch streamer inadvertently documents all the times she was sexually, verbally harassed on vacation Today 1:12 PM
- Raptors coach Nick Nurse becomes a relatable meme Today 1:12 PM
- Man wears bandage that blends in with his skin tone, and Twitter has all the feelings Today 12:55 PM
- The 8 best Korean sunscreens to add to your bag Today 12:15 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ commercials drop a few big spoilers Today 11:58 AM
- 11 party games for people sick of playing Cards Against Humanity Today 11:45 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy makes the most Curvy Wife Guy pregnancy announcement Today 11:31 AM
Did Gwyneth Paltrow secretly get married in a ceremony produced by Ryan Murphy?
It’s not uncommon for a celeb to secretly get married, but it is a little less common for a celeb to secretly get married in a ceremony orchestrated by a famous TV producer. That may just be what Gwyneth Paltrow did this weekend.
In a vague Instagram post Monday, the Oscar-winner shared a photo of herself and fiancé Brad Falchuk, thanking a slew of people for helping her have an “incredible evening to celebrate [her] ❤.” Among the people thanked were the designer of her plum-colored dress, her hair and makeup team, and then Falchuk’s creative partner, American Horror Story producer Ryan Murphy. Apparently Murphy helped orchestrate this special evening as a surprise, but Paltrow’s caption makes it hard to say for sure what exactly the party entailed.
“Thank you @mrrpmurphy…” she wrote. “There will never be adequate words to express our gratitude… Thank you to all of our amazing true and dear friends who came to support us. We feel like the luckiest people on the planet because we have all of you in our lives. And most of all thank you @bradfalchukfor the true happiness.”
Thank you @mrrpmurphy for the most incredible evening to celebrate our ❤️. There will never be adequate words to express our gratitude. @giambattistavalliparis I will never get over my gorgeous dress. @georgieeisdell thank you. @hairbylorenzomartin thank you. @teamsaltzman thank you. Thank you to all of our amazing true and dear friends who came to support us. We feel like the luckiest people on the planet because we have all of you in our lives. And most of all thank you @bradfalchuk for the true happiness.
A post shared by Gwyneth Paltrow (@gwynethpaltrow) on
If a vows ceremony didn’t take place, the options are pretty limited as to what this event could have been. A high-budget engagement party seems to be most publications’ guess. But with a 400-guest roster that reportedly included “Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz and her husband Benji Madden, Julia Roberts and her husband Danny Moder, Demi Moore, Reese Witherspoon, Steven Spielberg, Liv Tyler, and pregnant Kate Hudson”—it doesn’t exactly sound like a surprise engagement party.
Congrats to the happy couple for whatever they just celebrated!
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.