- Reddit Relationships: Man laughs at girlfriend for using Microsoft PowerPoint during sex Thursday 8:59 PM
- The 15 Brad Pitt movies you need to see now, ranked Thursday 8:26 PM
- Facebook could face legal action over the Area 51 event Thursday 6:50 PM
- How to stream Texans vs. Chargers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 6:40 PM
- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member Thursday 5:55 PM
- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video Thursday 5:00 PM
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge Thursday 4:56 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:52 PM
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:03 PM
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians Thursday 3:45 PM
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Thursday 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Thursday 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Thursday 12:55 PM
It’s not uncommon for a celeb to secretly get married, but it is a little less common for a celeb to secretly get married in a ceremony orchestrated by a famous TV producer. That may just be what Gwyneth Paltrow did this weekend.
In a vague Instagram post Monday, the Oscar-winner shared a photo of herself and fiancé Brad Falchuk, thanking a slew of people for helping her have an “incredible evening to celebrate [her] ❤.” Among the people thanked were the designer of her plum-colored dress, her hair and makeup team, and then Falchuk’s creative partner, American Horror Story producer Ryan Murphy. Apparently Murphy helped orchestrate this special evening as a surprise, but Paltrow’s caption makes it hard to say for sure what exactly the party entailed.
“Thank you @mrrpmurphy…” she wrote. “There will never be adequate words to express our gratitude… Thank you to all of our amazing true and dear friends who came to support us. We feel like the luckiest people on the planet because we have all of you in our lives. And most of all thank you @bradfalchukfor the true happiness.”
Thank you @mrrpmurphy for the most incredible evening to celebrate our ❤️. There will never be adequate words to express our gratitude. @giambattistavalliparis I will never get over my gorgeous dress. @georgieeisdell thank you. @hairbylorenzomartin thank you. @teamsaltzman thank you. Thank you to all of our amazing true and dear friends who came to support us. We feel like the luckiest people on the planet because we have all of you in our lives. And most of all thank you @bradfalchuk for the true happiness.
A post shared by Gwyneth Paltrow (@gwynethpaltrow) on
If a vows ceremony didn’t take place, the options are pretty limited as to what this event could have been. A high-budget engagement party seems to be most publications’ guess. But with a 400-guest roster that reportedly included “Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz and her husband Benji Madden, Julia Roberts and her husband Danny Moder, Demi Moore, Reese Witherspoon, Steven Spielberg, Liv Tyler, and pregnant Kate Hudson”—it doesn’t exactly sound like a surprise engagement party.
Congrats to the happy couple for whatever they just celebrated!
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.