- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
- ‘Beyoncé’s Assistant for a Day’ creator is releasing more games on storytelling app Yarn Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Why does everyone keep falling for that Instagram and Facebook hoax? Wednesday 1:46 PM
- A bunch of celebrities fell for that viral Instagram hoax Wednesday 1:17 PM
- Former Die Antwoord crew member says video shows ‘homophobic attack’ Wednesday 1:13 PM
- How to stream all the MLS Rivalry Week matches Wednesday 1:13 PM
The pair were reportedly married in a private, 80-person ceremony Tuesday, with guests like Jennifer Lawrence, Larry David, Jennifer Aniston, and Jake Gyllenhaal in attendance. Everyone involved with the festivities kept their lips sealed, though, because news of the nuptials didn’t break until Schumer shared a small wedding album on Instagram Thursday.
“Yup,” was the simple caption the Trainwreck star offered.
The groom is a farmer and chef from Martha’s Vineyard, and also happens to be the brother of Schumer’s personal assistant.
For her part, Schumer seems to have pulled off the ultimate celebrity feat and had a serious relationship right under the media’s noses. According to People, the comedian had only been spotted out with her now-husband twice: Once at a taping of SNL, and once at a restaurant. It was a relationship so new in the tabloids’ eyes that, when Schumer posted a pic of herself kissing Fischer at Ellen De Generes’ 60th birthday party this past weekend, people wrote about it finally “being official.” Things are certainly more official now.
Cult comedian John Early reportedly officiated the ceremony as his Midwestern mom standup comedian character “Vicky with a V”:
In a second Instagram post, Schumer clarified that she isn’t pregnant, and asked fans to consider donating to gun violence non-profit Everytown for Gun Safety instead of sending gifts.
Combatting gun violence has been a cause close to Schumer’s heart ever since a 2015 shooting at a screening of her movie Trainwreck left two dead. With the Stoneman school shooting in Florida this week, Schumer wrote that the victims have been on her mind “a lot,” and seems to be hoping her influx of wedding clicks might go to a good cause.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.