- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
The pair were reportedly married in a private, 80-person ceremony Tuesday, with guests like Jennifer Lawrence, Larry David, Jennifer Aniston, and Jake Gyllenhaal in attendance. Everyone involved with the festivities kept their lips sealed, though, because news of the nuptials didn’t break until Schumer shared a small wedding album on Instagram Thursday.
“Yup,” was the simple caption the Trainwreck star offered.
The groom is a farmer and chef from Martha’s Vineyard, and also happens to be the brother of Schumer’s personal assistant.
For her part, Schumer seems to have pulled off the ultimate celebrity feat and had a serious relationship right under the media’s noses. According to People, the comedian had only been spotted out with her now-husband twice: Once at a taping of SNL, and once at a restaurant. It was a relationship so new in the tabloids’ eyes that, when Schumer posted a pic of herself kissing Fischer at Ellen De Generes’ 60th birthday party this past weekend, people wrote about it finally “being official.” Things are certainly more official now.
Cult comedian John Early reportedly officiated the ceremony as his Midwestern mom standup comedian character “Vicky with a V”:
In a second Instagram post, Schumer clarified that she isn’t pregnant, and asked fans to consider donating to gun violence non-profit Everytown for Gun Safety instead of sending gifts.
Combatting gun violence has been a cause close to Schumer’s heart ever since a 2015 shooting at a screening of her movie Trainwreck left two dead. With the Stoneman school shooting in Florida this week, Schumer wrote that the victims have been on her mind “a lot,” and seems to be hoping her influx of wedding clicks might go to a good cause.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.