- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich 2 Years Ago
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique 2 Years Ago
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Today 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Today 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Today 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Today 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Today 12:11 PM
- The Phillie Phanatic mascot unveils a slimmer makeover Today 11:56 AM
- YouTuber threatened with arrest after rapping about being a girl from Mecca Today 11:55 AM
- Video shows flat-Earther ‘daredevil’ crashing to death after homemade rocket fails Today 11:49 AM
- Cardi B defends Dwyane Wade’s daughter during Instagram Live Today 11:45 AM
- YouTube briefly shuts down beloved ‘lofi hip hop radio’ channel, launching a new meme Today 11:42 AM
- Neil deGrasse Tyson points out that Elsa from ‘Frozen’ has ‘horse-sized eyeballs’ Today 10:58 AM
- Republicans as Sanders rises: Watch out, we may vote for Trump Today 10:54 AM
- Amazon series ‘Hunters’ criticized by Auschwitz Memorial over fictionalized scene Today 10:45 AM
The pair were reportedly married in a private, 80-person ceremony Tuesday, with guests like Jennifer Lawrence, Larry David, Jennifer Aniston, and Jake Gyllenhaal in attendance. Everyone involved with the festivities kept their lips sealed, though, because news of the nuptials didn’t break until Schumer shared a small wedding album on Instagram Thursday.
“Yup,” was the simple caption the Trainwreck star offered.
The groom is a farmer and chef from Martha’s Vineyard, and also happens to be the brother of Schumer’s personal assistant.
For her part, Schumer seems to have pulled off the ultimate celebrity feat and had a serious relationship right under the media’s noses. According to People, the comedian had only been spotted out with her now-husband twice: Once at a taping of SNL, and once at a restaurant. It was a relationship so new in the tabloids’ eyes that, when Schumer posted a pic of herself kissing Fischer at Ellen De Generes’ 60th birthday party this past weekend, people wrote about it finally “being official.” Things are certainly more official now.
Cult comedian John Early reportedly officiated the ceremony as his Midwestern mom standup comedian character “Vicky with a V”:
In a second Instagram post, Schumer clarified that she isn’t pregnant, and asked fans to consider donating to gun violence non-profit Everytown for Gun Safety instead of sending gifts.
Combatting gun violence has been a cause close to Schumer’s heart ever since a 2015 shooting at a screening of her movie Trainwreck left two dead. With the Stoneman school shooting in Florida this week, Schumer wrote that the victims have been on her mind “a lot,” and seems to be hoping her influx of wedding clicks might go to a good cause.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.