- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job 7 Months Ago
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal 7 Months Ago
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? 7 Months Ago
- Rep. Steve King, best known for his racism, tweets a fake MLK quote 7 Months Ago
- Facebook is helping husbands ‘brainwash’ their wives with targeted ads 7 Months Ago
- Twitch streamer Pink_Sparkles responds to gamers who don’t think she belongs Today 11:29 AM
- ‘Black Panther’ nabs 7 Oscar nominations, including best picture Today 10:49 AM
- Somehow Kamala Harris will have to run for president without Bill O’Reilly’s endorsement Today 10:15 AM
- Resident Evil 2 brings old-school zombie horror back to life Today 10:00 AM
- Why Culttture came to the defense of the MAGA teens—and what it has planned next Today 9:34 AM
- Logan Paul is sorry for those ‘going gay’ comments—but he still doesn’t get it Today 9:17 AM
- Students who posted blackface Snapchat video leave school Today 9:00 AM
- Twitter suspends account that spread MAGA teen confrontation Today 8:28 AM
- Here’s how to stream all of the 2019 Oscar-nominated films Today 7:53 AM
- Here’s how to stream all of the 2019 Oscar-nominated animated shorts Today 7:39 AM
Did I do that?
And it seems like ’90s kids are dedicated bingers. According to Hulu, the average Family Matters fan who watched the entire series in 2017—that means all nine seasons which aired from 1989 to 1997—completed their binge within a month. That’s the equivalent of consuming over two seasons of Urkel and the Winslows a week. Streaming services are usually reluctant to share their stats, but Hulu revealed the quirky tidbit during a panel this month in Austin, TX.
It’s not hard to find evidence of their findings on social media, either. Twitter is full of fans discovering the series on Hulu and then quickly devouring it:
— Caleb Foshee (@Superfosh) June 10, 2018
I would agree but I found 9 seasons Family Matters on Hulu and I haven’t looked back since. https://t.co/OwS2snikY5
— miraineee 👑 (@mirandaraine_) June 11, 2018
Rewatching Family Matters on @hulu
Carl Winslow: "Ah, just how much is it to go to Harvard Law School these days?"
Laura Winslow: "$16,000 a year."
— Waderson (@3FullMags) June 5, 2018
Full House, Home Improvement, Family Matters, Step By Step, Boy Meets World, Sister Sister, Sabrina The Teenage Witch.. my childhood all on @hulu ❤️❤️❤️
Late 80s to the early 2000s will always have my heart, can’t believe we’re so close to the 20s!!!
— ❤️ (@mscoryhart) June 12, 2018
Family Matters isn’t the only TGIF show that Hulu users are finding highly bingeable. The streaming giant also revealed that the average Hulu viewer who watched all eight seasons of the original run of Full House (1987-1995), completed their entire binge over the course of just one month too. The company also revealed that its average Boy Meets World viewer is 32, and its average Family Matters viewer is 34.
’90s kids aren’t slowing their roll on the nostalgia train anytime soon, it seems.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.