- ‘Disenchantment’ season 2 starts strong but falls into familiar trappings 3 Years Ago
- Are Ben Shapiro fans organizing against his opponents on Twitter? 3 Years Ago
- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
In case you were worried about Donald Trump running out of people, places, and things to insult over the final three weeks of his catastrophic presidential campaign, here’s what America’s Next Top Election Loser had to say about last night’s episode of Saturday Night Live:
Watched Saturday Night Live hit job on me.Time to retire the boring and unfunny show. Alec Baldwin portrayal stinks. Media rigging election!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 16, 2016
Funny that Trump now feels this way about the long-running sketch show standby, which has been consistently lampooning politicians for… [checks watch] 41 years. I mean, he did happily host the damn thing last November. Could it be that he objects to SNL‘s wholly accurate depiction of his town hall debate performance, courtesy of the stinky Alec Baldwin?
Or was it this Lemonade-style, scorched-earth short about the women in his life who don’t feel like defending his sexual predations any longer?
You know, people are always saying Trump is thin-skinned, but that assumes he has any skin at all—he’s really more of a peeled butternut squash. Donald wants SNL off the air because it’s “boring and unfunny”? It’s like he’s forgotten his TV remote has an on/off button.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'