- ‘Rick and Morty’ takes a stab at its own offseason meta-narrative 4 Years Ago
- Virtual reality is a surprisingly great tool for therapeutic conversations 4 Years Ago
- What it means to be pangender Today 6:00 AM
- Why Lady Trieu’s costume is so significant in ‘Watchmen’ episode 4 Sunday 9:45 PM
- White woman calls police on her Black roommate for setting heat to 72 degrees Sunday 4:19 PM
- Nicki Minaj says she will stop using Instagram after it hides likes Sunday 2:59 PM
- Kylie Jenner denies sending ‘rise and shine’ cease-and-desist letters Sunday 2:23 PM
- Summer Walker accused of being rude to fan during meet-and-greet Sunday 1:22 PM
- Apple Store employee fired after texting customer’s personal photos to himself Sunday 12:27 PM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Vikings on Sunday Night Football Sunday 12:00 PM
- People are p*ssed YG asked his 3-year-old to smell a bag of weed Sunday 11:04 AM
- Mommy influencer created fake account to trash her husband, rivals Sunday 10:27 AM
- How to stream Packers vs. Panthers live Sunday 9:30 AM
- Video shows police arresting churro seller in subway station Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Rams live Sunday 9:00 AM
We wish Jimmy Fallon’s Democratic debate phone call between Trump and Carson were real
They weren’t that impressed.
In a segment on The Tonight Show, “Trump,” played by Fallon, offered debate analysis in a phone call with fellow Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson, played brilliantly by David Alan Grier. The two men basically became living, breathing versions of Statler and Waldorf; they even called Bernie Sanders an “angry Muppet.”
They couldn’t have been more bored by the debate, so they also talked about their Halloween costumes—Trump is going as Sexy Pizza Rat—and made comparisons about the other Democratic candidates.
Despite their friendliness, Trump is onto Carson. The business mogul has seen Carson spout garbage and rise in the polls because of it—and he’s not happy that someone has stolen his shtick.
We can’t wait for the next debate.
Screengrab via The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.