- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
The snub drama continues: This year’s inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame were announced today, but Dave Matthews Band fans are piping hot over the group’s exclusion—despite winning the fan vote.
Voting on the fan ballot ended on Jan. 10 with DMB coming in first, followed by Pat Benatar, the Doobie Brothers, Soundgarden, and Judas Priest. The Rock Hall’s fan voting started in 2012, and since then the winner of the vote has always been inducted. Until now. And, as Vulture details, the fan ballot is counted as one ballot, and then voted on by the larger Rock Hall body.
Congratulations to our fellow nominees that will be inducted into the @rockhall in 2020. We want to express gratitude for all of our amazing fans and their support. We reached over a million fan votes! Thank you!— dave matthews band (@davematthewsbnd) January 15, 2020
Matthews had his own thoughts about being nominated, telling Billboard in October: “I feel like I don’t belong, but I’m pretty happy to be included… in a pretty outrageous lineup of people.” DMB fans obviously know how to move the needle, and made their displeasure known.
Damnit, here's ANOTHER problem with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: You can't say the fans will have a say in who gets in and ignore that say when the time comes. Dave Matthews Band got the most fan votes and they STILL aren't in?— Daryle Lamont Jenkins (@DLamontJenkins) January 15, 2020
But others were like, maybe the system works?
Dave Matthews Band isn’t getting inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Good.— Matt Mitchell (@matt_mitchell48) January 15, 2020
The 2020 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees include Whitney Houston, the Notorious B.I.G., T. Rex, Nine Inch Nails, the Doobie Brothers, and Depeche Mode.
- 10 years later, Kenny Chesney finally shares rare Dave Matthews collaboration
- ‘Lady Bird’ figured out how to reacquaint us with Dave Matthews Band
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.