- Apple warns coronavirus expected to cause iPhone ‘supply shortages’ Monday 7:59 PM
- Will ‘The Bachelor’ end without an engagement? Monday 7:44 PM
- This ‘Little Women’ scene just became a meme Monday 7:03 PM
- Playable version of Blizzard’s ‘StarCraft: Ghost’ leaks online nearly 15 years after cancelation Monday 6:31 PM
- This Twitter extension can block unsolicited nudes from your inbox Monday 6:01 PM
- Jeffree Star wears cornrows after being accused of cultural appropriation Monday 4:49 PM
- Jeff Bezos says he’ll commit $10 billion to combat climate change Monday 4:18 PM
- A TikTok user went on a mission to turn his urine blue by chugging food coloring Monday 3:55 PM
- YouTuber’s vacation in ‘Bali’ was actually staged at Ikea Monday 3:14 PM
- Video shows liquor store manager calling employee ‘f*cking worthless’ Monday 1:16 PM
- Instagram influencer scams followers out of $1.5 million Monday 12:22 PM
- Why did the Israeli military tweet this thirst trap? Monday 10:43 AM
- Jake Paul wants you to have financial freedom… by paying him a monthly fee Monday 10:40 AM
- Tweets from Sanders supporters are terrifying the establishment Monday 10:15 AM
- Zuckerberg says he supports 1 bill in Congress that would regulate Facebook Monday 10:11 AM
“After 9 years of hating Donald J Trump, telling him ‘lol no one likes you’ was the straw,” the model tweeted. She also included a screenshot of the block alert she sees now when she searches for the president’s tweets in-app:
After 9 years of hating Donald J Trump, telling him "lol no one likes you" was the straw pic.twitter.com/MhZ6bXT1Dp— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 25, 2017
Teign’s reply was to a tweet from the president on Sunday about how Republicans aren’t “protecting” him after the election—and it got a good amount of attention. As of now, her reply has over 17,000 likes and nearly 3,000 retweets.
Lolllllll no one likes you— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 23, 2017
All those favs and RTs apparently packed enough of a sting to warrant a block from Trump, which means Teigen will no longer see his tweets in her feed or be able to interact with his tweets while she’s logged into her account.
It’s definitely a bit of a setback, but something tells us this won’t stop Teigen from roasting the president.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.