- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
“Bad Guy” had been sitting in the No. 2 seat for nine weeks, but a vertical video of the song released on Thursday may have given it the boost it needed to overthrow the country bop. Eilish also made history as the first artist born in this century to secure a No. 1 hit song on the chart.
“Old Town Road” broke Billboard history when it simultaneously charted on the Billboard Hot 100, Hot Country Songs, and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs in March 2019, before being removed from the country chart for “not [embracing] enough elements of today’s country music.” “Old Town Road” has been streamed on Spotify alone over one billion times, making it very difficult for other artists to overthrow it and the success of “Bad Guy” that much more impressive.
RIP to the summer of Lil Nas X, and hello to the fall of Gen Z sensation Billie Eilish.
- Billie Eilish’s merch pulled off website after admitting to using stolen anime art
- Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ is spawning increasingly bizarre video memes
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X
- The ‘Old Town Road’ memes will ride ’til they can’t no more
Caitlin Davis is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and Arabic at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and the Austin Chronicle.