- Who is Corn Pop? Here are all the theories about the gang leader from Joe Biden’s past Sunday 4:37 PM
- Fresh sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh spur calls for impeachment Sunday 3:28 PM
- Mike Pence says a triple crown winning racehorse bit him Sunday 12:51 PM
- Disney CEO Bob Iger leaves Apple board amid streaming wars Sunday 12:01 PM
- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Sunday 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Sunday 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Sunday 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
“Bad Guy” had been sitting in the No. 2 seat for nine weeks, but a vertical video of the song released on Thursday may have given it the boost it needed to overthrow the country bop. Eilish also made history as the first artist born in this century to secure a No. 1 hit song on the chart.
“Old Town Road” broke Billboard history when it simultaneously charted on the Billboard Hot 100, Hot Country Songs, and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs in March 2019, before being removed from the country chart for “not [embracing] enough elements of today’s country music.” “Old Town Road” has been streamed on Spotify alone over one billion times, making it very difficult for other artists to overthrow it and the success of “Bad Guy” that much more impressive.
RIP to the summer of Lil Nas X, and hello to the fall of Gen Z sensation Billie Eilish.
- Billie Eilish’s merch pulled off website after admitting to using stolen anime art
- Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ is spawning increasingly bizarre video memes
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X
- The ‘Old Town Road’ memes will ride ’til they can’t no more
Caitlin Davis is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and Arabic at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and the Austin Chronicle.