- Reddit wants to stop its pro-Trump forum from outing the alleged whistleblower Today 3:38 PM
- White woman calls cops on man who said he was visiting aunt with his kids Today 3:12 PM
- ‘The Stranded’ is a flawed yet addictive blend of ‘Degrassi’ and ‘Lost’ Today 2:45 PM
- The ‘gonna tell my kids’ meme is revisionist history at its most absurd Today 2:24 PM
- Redditor asks former burglars to give home security tips Today 2:18 PM
- Facebook-Breitbart partnership under fire in wake of new Stephen Miller emails Today 2:00 PM
- John Krasinski under fire after praising the CIA Today 1:46 PM
- Conservatives melt down after Chick-fil-A says it will stop donating to anti-LGBTQ orgs Today 1:33 PM
- ‘Honey Boy’ is an experimental look at channeling trauma Today 1:28 PM
- Disney+ now allows users to resume and restart content Today 11:42 AM
- New York sues JUUL for marketing to teenagers Today 11:34 AM
- The new ‘Discworld’ TV series just gender-flipped several major characters Today 10:54 AM
- David Fincher is doing a ‘Chinatown’ prequel series, naturally Today 10:43 AM
- Congress thinks Facebook is misleading you about its location tracking Today 10:36 AM
- The cast and crew of ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ offer more teases on ‘Star Wars’ conclusion Today 10:34 AM
A Twitch streamer was banned from the platform after drunkenly passing out during a broadcast. Lyndon Lauder, who goes by LyndonFPS on the platform, was caught falling asleep in the company of a full pint of beer on Thursday.
Another Twitch streamer, VADIKUS007, captured the moment Lauder dozed off.
Lauder’s fanbase is now rallying behind him, with some using the hashtag “Free Lyndon” to tweet their support.
Lyndon is suspended again? Man leave that guy alone #FreeLyndon— imiss (@imissLIVE) May 23, 2019
can you save lyndon from his twitch suspension first please?— John PacSun (@LauriLegend) May 23, 2019
In January, another Twitch streamer, Mang0, was also suspended for allegedly drunkenly passing out during a live stream. Mang0 refuted the claim, saying he did not pass out.
“I jokingly fell over to be funny because I wanted to take a break.. Went downstairs to talk to my gf and came back and ended my stream Drank a lot I knowwwwwww,” he wrote on Twitter at the time.
ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL pic.twitter.com/S2HptetVkk— Joseph Marquez (@C9Mang0) January 7, 2019
Twitch cited its community guidelines for Mang0’s ban, which probably also apply to Lauder’s ban.
“Any activity that may endanger your life or lead to your physical harm is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to … illegal use of drugs, illegal or dangerous consumption of alcohol,” the guidelines say under the “Self-Destructive Behavior” portion.
The Daily Dot has reached out to Lauder.
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message
- Tfue releases statement on FaZe Clan lawsuit, says his contract is ‘f*cked’
- Twitch streamer says she’s receiving backlash for ‘getting men banned’
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.