- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 3 Weeks Ago
- NRA calls Beto O’Rourke ‘AR-15 salesman of the month’ in wake of buyback proposal Today 12:03 PM
- After 23 deaths, Sean Bean is tired of getting killed on-screen Today 11:48 AM
- Stephen Miller has a girlfriend—and people are stunned Today 11:35 AM
- Mickey Rourke says Robert De Niro iced him out of ‘The Irishman’ Today 11:07 AM
- Conservative men are melting down over Elizabeth Warren’s speech Today 10:40 AM
- People are calling rapper Tekashi 69 a ‘snitch’ for outing gang members Today 10:16 AM
- Greta Thunberg tells Congress to ‘listen to the scientists’ about climate crisis Today 9:55 AM
- Maybe we should start taking Tom DeLonge seriously about UFOs Today 9:11 AM
- Get ready to argue about the alternate-history politics of HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ Today 8:53 AM
- Third instance of Justin Trudeau wearing racist makeup emerges after he apologized for first 2 Today 8:45 AM
- 6 must-watch college football games to stream this weekend Today 8:12 AM
- What is the Hinge dating app, and how does it work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Inside Bill’s Brain’ is nothing more than a Bill Gates infomercial Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! He hasn’t texted me back. Should I text him again? Today 6:00 AM
Billie Eilish is having an insane break out year.
Aside from releasing her critically acclaimed, chart-topping album When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go, the Gen Z sensation appears to have impacted more than just the music industry.
Recently, Eilish’s song “Bad Guy” is being used as the backdrop music for various anime music videos (AMV) on YouTube. And there is little to no explanation as to why this is happening–other than, of course, it’s simply what the teens like to do.
“‘Bad Guy’ by Billie Eilish would be the exact song 11-year-old me would use for a Windows Movie Maker AMV about anime villains, so I typed it into YouTube and I’m glad to report I wasn’t disappointed by today’s youth lmao,” Twitter user @joviellety wrote.
"Bad Guy" by Billie Eilish would be the exact song 11 year old me would use for a Windows Movie Maker AMV about anime villains, so I typed it into YouTube and I'm glad to report I wasn't disappointed by today's youth lmao.— Arielle Jovellanos ✨ NYCC F15 (@joviellety) August 26, 2019
To be fair, the song is the perfect match for anime villains–from the track’s dark beats to its lyrics. So, for the most part, people were not surprised to see this happening.
“Looks just about right,” Twitter user @random_moomoo wrote.
Looks just about right 😌 pic.twitter.com/azprpHLnjh— Alex aka Random Moomoo (@random_moomoo) August 27, 2019
This is...such a relief?!— Prince (@princecurryy) August 27, 2019
Even at the age of twenty I am still one of those AMV Makers— Nsu 🌸 (@NsuYeula) August 27, 2019
And honestly, the music videos being created are pretty good. Eilish does have a love for anime, so maybe, just maybe, she was influenced by anime when creating “Bad Guy.”
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.