- ‘The Mandalorian’ opens up its mythology even further in ‘Chapter 2’ 3 Months Ago
- Want to buy a drone on a budget? We’ve got you covered 3 Months Ago
- ‘Simpsons’ writer accuses Republicans of stealing Sideshow Bob’s defense 3 Months Ago
- Keanu Reeves’ appearance in ‘SpongeBob Movie’ trailer quickly becomes a meme 3 Months Ago
- Charli XCX makes the band in Netflix’s ‘Nasty Cherry’ 3 Months Ago
- Taylor Swift’s distress call reignites fight with Scooter Braun and former label Today 12:16 PM
- How to disable autoplay for previews and trailers on Disney+ Today 12:10 PM
- Trump accused of witness intimidation for tweets during impeachment hearing Today 11:48 AM
- Roger Stone convicted Today 11:34 AM
- FCC to replace comment system that got spammed during net neutrality fight Today 11:31 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama live in Concacaf Nations League Today 11:05 AM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada live in the Concacaf Nations League rematch Today 10:52 AM
- Dave Rubin freaks out over hoax that he didn’t eat this steak Today 10:37 AM
- 20 ugly sweaters that’ll make your spirits bright Today 10:32 AM
- A beginner’s guide to Mandalorians in the ‘Star Wars’ universe Today 10:02 AM
Billie Eilish is having an insane break out year.
Aside from releasing her critically acclaimed, chart-topping album When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go, the Gen Z sensation appears to have impacted more than just the music industry.
Recently, Eilish’s song “Bad Guy” is being used as the backdrop music for various anime music videos (AMV) on YouTube. And there is little to no explanation as to why this is happening–other than, of course, it’s simply what the teens like to do.
The 10 Best Anime Series on Netflix:
“‘Bad Guy’ by Billie Eilish would be the exact song 11-year-old me would use for a Windows Movie Maker AMV about anime villains, so I typed it into YouTube and I’m glad to report I wasn’t disappointed by today’s youth lmao,” Twitter user @joviellety wrote.
"Bad Guy" by Billie Eilish would be the exact song 11 year old me would use for a Windows Movie Maker AMV about anime villains, so I typed it into YouTube and I'm glad to report I wasn't disappointed by today's youth lmao.— Arielle Jovellanos ✨AnimeNYC Table C2 (@joviellety) August 26, 2019
To be fair, the song is the perfect match for anime villains–from the track’s dark beats to its lyrics. So, for the most part, people were not surprised to see this happening.
“Looks just about right,” Twitter user @random_moomoo wrote.
This is...such a relief?!— Prince (@princecurryy) August 27, 2019
Even at the age of twenty I am still one of those AMV Makers— Nsu 🌸 (@NsuYeula) August 27, 2019
And honestly, the music videos being created are pretty good. Eilish does have a love for anime, so maybe, just maybe, she was influenced by anime when creating “Bad Guy.”
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.