- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
In an Instagram Story on Tuesday, Banks shared a message exchange allegedly between herself and Grimes, accusing the fellow musician of being a “pathological liar.”
In the message thread, Grimes seems to be doing damage control regarding Banks’ claims that she overheard the Tesla CEO on a phone call with investors saying that he planned to take the company private.
The thread appears to show Grimes, his girlfriend, saying she had recently introduced Musk to weed and that his new vice was the reason for an investigation from the U.S. Securities and Exchanges Commission.
The thread also appears to reveal a pregnancy pact (or a joke about one) between the two women. “We need to find you a bf so we can be pregnant at the same time,” says an apparent message from Grimes. Banks then tells Grimes to “do your album, sober up then get pregnant.”
Last week, Banks said in an Instagram Story that she had spent the weekend at Musk’s Los Angeles home, where she was supposed to meet Grimes for a collaborative studio session.
Musk allegedly got an attorney involved, and Banks said in a later post that he confiscated her phone and was deleting evidence. Musk initially denied ever meeting Banks, then told the New York Times he spotted her “as she was leaving” but didn’t recognize her.
After demanding her phone back for several posts, Banks wrote, “Staying at Elon Musks house has been like a real like episode of Get Out.” The rapper allegedly “waited around all weekend” before Grimes allegedly ghosted and offered her a first-class trip back to New York.
Since the drama unfolded, Musk and Grimes have reportedly unfollowed each other on social media, Business Insider reports.
In her most recent story post about the matter, Banks said that she won’t be made out to be a liar by either Musk or Grimes.
“Going home. without my phone,” she wrote on Tuesday. “I can’t stay here for any more of this shit. I have a whole company, tour, and album to tend to. Peace the fuck out.”
Onaje McDowelle is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot. He is studying journalism and African and African Diaspora Studies at the University of Texas at Austin. His work has appeared in Austin Monthly magazine, GoodMusicAllDay, and Orange magazine.