- Review: Kentucky Route Zero is one of the most magical games ever made 1 Year Ago
- Backlash grows against Clearview as lawsuit looms 1 Year Ago
- Tyler the Creator calls out the Grammys for racism over ‘Rap Album’ win 1 Year Ago
- Democrats call on John Bolton to testify after book bombshell Today 9:56 AM
- Pete Buttigieg ripped for basketball ‘field’ tribute to Kobe Bryant Today 9:13 AM
- See how Logan Paul reacted to a college student spitting on him Today 8:50 AM
- Lewis Capaldi mistaken for Grammy seat filler because no one knows who he is Today 7:40 AM
- Why we’re obsessed with abandoned power plants and theme parks Today 7:00 AM
- Democrats are open to changing one of the internet’s bedrock principles Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! Social media makes me feel like my career is lagging. Will I ever catch up? Today 6:00 AM
- ‘Zola’ is a surreal and wild tale of a road trip gone wrong Today 5:00 AM
- Sebastian Gorka blocks pundit over Fleshlight joke Today 1:56 AM
- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast Sunday 5:23 PM
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Sunday 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Sunday 4:14 PM
In an Instagram Story on Tuesday, Banks shared a message exchange allegedly between herself and Grimes, accusing the fellow musician of being a “pathological liar.”
In the message thread, Grimes seems to be doing damage control regarding Banks’ claims that she overheard the Tesla CEO on a phone call with investors saying that he planned to take the company private.
The thread appears to show Grimes, his girlfriend, saying she had recently introduced Musk to weed and that his new vice was the reason for an investigation from the U.S. Securities and Exchanges Commission.
The thread also appears to reveal a pregnancy pact (or a joke about one) between the two women. “We need to find you a bf so we can be pregnant at the same time,” says an apparent message from Grimes. Banks then tells Grimes to “do your album, sober up then get pregnant.”
Last week, Banks said in an Instagram Story that she had spent the weekend at Musk’s Los Angeles home, where she was supposed to meet Grimes for a collaborative studio session.
Musk allegedly got an attorney involved, and Banks said in a later post that he confiscated her phone and was deleting evidence. Musk initially denied ever meeting Banks, then told the New York Times he spotted her “as she was leaving” but didn’t recognize her.
After demanding her phone back for several posts, Banks wrote, “Staying at Elon Musks house has been like a real like episode of Get Out.” The rapper allegedly “waited around all weekend” before Grimes allegedly ghosted and offered her a first-class trip back to New York.
Since the drama unfolded, Musk and Grimes have reportedly unfollowed each other on social media, Business Insider reports.
In her most recent story post about the matter, Banks said that she won’t be made out to be a liar by either Musk or Grimes.
“Going home. without my phone,” she wrote on Tuesday. “I can’t stay here for any more of this shit. I have a whole company, tour, and album to tend to. Peace the fuck out.”
Onaje McDowelle is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot. He is studying journalism and African and African Diaspora Studies at the University of Texas at Austin. His work has appeared in Austin Monthly magazine, GoodMusicAllDay, and Orange magazine.