- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape 8 Months Ago
- Trump at the start of Mueller investigation: ‘I’m f*cked’ 8 Months Ago
- Joe Rogan’s podcast has a serious women problem Today 11:10 AM
- Dog watches the digging of its own grave—and Twitter is shook Today 10:30 AM
- Why Marvel changed the way we think about movie franchises Today 10:28 AM
- 13 thoughtful Mother’s Day gifts to fully pamper mom Today 10:00 AM
- George Zimmerman is looking for ‘carefree fun’ on Tinder (updated) Today 9:54 AM
- Trump responds with a ‘Game of Thrones’ meme to the Mueller report Today 9:43 AM
- A new tool lets you track candidate spending on Facebook—and Trump is crushing Democrats Today 8:59 AM
- George Lucas helped direct ‘Game of Thrones’—and he’s not a Jon Snow fan Today 8:05 AM
- Conspiracy theorists got me suspended from Twitter—and now I understand them better Today 7:29 AM
- What is the Golden Company, Cersei’s new mercenary army? Today 7:00 AM
- The ultimate cord-cutting guide for sports fans Today 6:53 AM
- ‘Little Teeth’ is a tribute to 20-something queer growing pains Today 6:30 AM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in May 2019 Today 5:30 AM
In an Instagram Story on Tuesday, Banks shared a message exchange allegedly between herself and Grimes, accusing the fellow musician of being a “pathological liar.”
In the message thread, Grimes seems to be doing damage control regarding Banks’ claims that she overheard the Tesla CEO on a phone call with investors saying that he planned to take the company private.
The thread appears to show Grimes, his girlfriend, saying she had recently introduced Musk to weed and that his new vice was the reason for an investigation from the U.S. Securities and Exchanges Commission.
The thread also appears to reveal a pregnancy pact (or a joke about one) between the two women. “We need to find you a bf so we can be pregnant at the same time,” says an apparent message from Grimes. Banks then tells Grimes to “do your album, sober up then get pregnant.”
Last week, Banks said in an Instagram Story that she had spent the weekend at Musk’s Los Angeles home, where she was supposed to meet Grimes for a collaborative studio session.
Musk allegedly got an attorney involved, and Banks said in a later post that he confiscated her phone and was deleting evidence. Musk initially denied ever meeting Banks, then told the New York Times he spotted her “as she was leaving” but didn’t recognize her.
After demanding her phone back for several posts, Banks wrote, “Staying at Elon Musks house has been like a real like episode of Get Out.” The rapper allegedly “waited around all weekend” before Grimes allegedly ghosted and offered her a first-class trip back to New York.
Since the drama unfolded, Musk and Grimes have reportedly unfollowed each other on social media, Business Insider reports.
In her most recent story post about the matter, Banks said that she won’t be made out to be a liar by either Musk or Grimes.
“Going home. without my phone,” she wrote on Tuesday. “I can’t stay here for any more of this shit. I have a whole company, tour, and album to tend to. Peace the fuck out.”
Onaje McDowelle is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot. He is studying journalism and African and African Diaspora Studies at the University of Texas at Austin. His work has appeared in Austin Monthly magazine, GoodMusicAllDay, and Orange magazine.