- Couple calls for boycott of dog walker app Wag! after their dog was abducted Today 5:07 PM
- Trump gets banned from SeekingArrangement because he’s not a ‘real sugar daddy’ Today 4:17 PM
- InfoWars accidentally sent child porn to lawyers representing Sandy Hook parents Today 4:12 PM
- Sticker warns men changing diapers about ‘feminization of the American male’ Today 4:10 PM
- The genius way Genius caught Google allegedly stealing lyrics Today 3:03 PM
- This bubble tea challenge is a balancing act Today 2:15 PM
- Laura Dern gifts the internet with more ‘Big Little Lies’ memes Today 1:54 PM
- The Stonks meme is back—and it’s weirder than ever Today 1:27 PM
- Video shows officer threatening to shoot pregnant Black woman in front of her children Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Leila’ tells a familiar dystopian horror story Today 12:37 PM
- O.J. Simpson says in Twitter video that he never slept with Kris Jenner Today 12:06 PM
- GOP commissioner jokes on Facebook about running over Trump protesters Today 11:52 AM
- 2 trans women killed within 3 months in the same neighborhood Today 11:35 AM
- DNC tries to pander with tone-deaf Beyoncé meme, fails miserably Today 10:45 AM
- Parkland grad says Harvard rescinded offer after racist comments surfaced Today 10:10 AM
In an Instagram Story on Tuesday, Banks shared a message exchange allegedly between herself and Grimes, accusing the fellow musician of being a “pathological liar.”
In the message thread, Grimes seems to be doing damage control regarding Banks’ claims that she overheard the Tesla CEO on a phone call with investors saying that he planned to take the company private.
The thread appears to show Grimes, his girlfriend, saying she had recently introduced Musk to weed and that his new vice was the reason for an investigation from the U.S. Securities and Exchanges Commission.
The thread also appears to reveal a pregnancy pact (or a joke about one) between the two women. “We need to find you a bf so we can be pregnant at the same time,” says an apparent message from Grimes. Banks then tells Grimes to “do your album, sober up then get pregnant.”
Last week, Banks said in an Instagram Story that she had spent the weekend at Musk’s Los Angeles home, where she was supposed to meet Grimes for a collaborative studio session.
Musk allegedly got an attorney involved, and Banks said in a later post that he confiscated her phone and was deleting evidence. Musk initially denied ever meeting Banks, then told the New York Times he spotted her “as she was leaving” but didn’t recognize her.
After demanding her phone back for several posts, Banks wrote, “Staying at Elon Musks house has been like a real like episode of Get Out.” The rapper allegedly “waited around all weekend” before Grimes allegedly ghosted and offered her a first-class trip back to New York.
Since the drama unfolded, Musk and Grimes have reportedly unfollowed each other on social media, Business Insider reports.
In her most recent story post about the matter, Banks said that she won’t be made out to be a liar by either Musk or Grimes.
“Going home. without my phone,” she wrote on Tuesday. “I can’t stay here for any more of this shit. I have a whole company, tour, and album to tend to. Peace the fuck out.”
Onaje McDowelle is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot. He is studying journalism and African and African Diaspora Studies at the University of Texas at Austin. His work has appeared in Austin Monthly magazine, GoodMusicAllDay, and Orange magazine.