- Russia used every social media platform to disrupt 2016 election, Senate says 3 Weeks Ago
- Shane Dawson is the YouTuber of the year 3 Weeks Ago
- Alex Jones is still doing live broadcasts on Instagram 3 Weeks Ago
- Save over $200 on the ‘DC Universe 10th Anniversary Collection’ Blu-ray set Today 7:51 AM
- Meet ‘Copy Shark,’ the stuffed shark scanned into a copier Today 7:43 AM
- Logan Paul is the worst YouTuber of the year Today 7:03 AM
- All the things Trump boasted about in 2018 that didn’t actually happen Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Freeform online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Amazon Fire TV Cube: What You Need to Know Today 5:30 AM
- Stephen Miller’s fake hair is almost as bad as his policies Sunday 8:00 PM
- California no longer plans to tax your text messages Sunday 6:45 PM
- Insurance company to ‘reevaluate’ relationship with Tucker Carlson after racist comment Sunday 3:59 PM
- Netflix’s instant rewind button is not popular with users Sunday 2:20 PM
- Offset interrupted Cardi B’s set at Rolling Loud Festival, and fans are pissed Sunday 1:18 PM
- ‘Ms. Marvel’ gets a new, award-winning writer in Saladin Ahmed Sunday 11:32 AM
Ariana Grande’s teaser video features some of the original ‘Mean Girls’ cast, and people love it
The video is going to be so fetch.
Ariana Grande is continuing her reign as queen of the internet with the teaser for her new video for “Thank U, Next.” The pop star has been teasing the nostalgia-filled video that appears to be recreating some of the most iconic teen movies from the early 2000s.
Today, she finally released the teaser, which features cameos of members of the Mean Girls cast: Troye Sivan, Gabi Demartino, and Colleen Ballinger. The 47-second clip riffs on the “Regina George punched me in the face” bit from Mean Girls, but instead of Regina George, the queen bee is Ariana Grande.
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) November 27, 2018
After Grande posted the clip earlier today, people on Twitter freaked out. Many were excited about all of the people featured. “The collection of people in this preview alone has me screaming,” Lily Herman tweeted.
The collection of people in this preview alone has me screaming. https://t.co/qzM83fkA5R
— Lily Herman (@lkherman) November 27, 2018
Others said they don’t just want a music video, but a full-length feature film. “bitch, WE NEED A MOVIE,” one person said.
bitch WE NEED A MOVIE https://t.co/upEOR4RBmr
— antonette (@antonetteguiao_) November 27, 2018
“This is iconic already,” another person wrote.
This is iconic already https://t.co/ckFu5GiHm8
— Cuntlin (@Cait1404) November 27, 2018
Jonathan Bennett, who plays Aaron Samuels, tweeted Grande saying she “made fetch happen.”
You made fetch happen.
— Jonathan Bennett (@JonathanBennett) November 27, 2018
Thank you for the teaser, next we need the full video.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.