- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
The collective internet world seemed to come to a standstill Tuesday after learning that Angelina Jolie filed for divorce from Brad Pitt. Hyperbole about how love is dead went around, brands had some terrible reactions, people trolled Twitter with investigative journalism, and plenty of Jennifer Aniston memes flowed freely online. It turns out that Adele was just as upset as anyone.
She performed at Madison Square Garden Tuesday night, and at one point during the concert she dedicated the show to Brangelina. As she put it, “I need to address the elephant in the room.”
“I don’t like gossiping and private lives should be private, but I feel like it’s the end of an era so I’m dedicating this show tonight to them,” she said. “I’m really, really sad, genuinely, and I don’t know them at all.”
Adele proceded to work out her feelings on the stage with the entire crowd on her side.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.