- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate player’s trans flag removed for being ‘political’ Monday 7:37 PM
- Does Donald Trump Jr. know what American soldiers do? Monday 7:17 PM
- Sophie Turner has a hot take on Arya’s ‘Game of Thrones’ sex scene Monday 6:50 PM
- Parked Tesla Model S bursts into flames in shocking video Monday 3:12 PM
- Fortnite is getting an Avengers Endgame event Monday 2:44 PM
- The living are facing the end of the world in the latest ‘Game of Thrones’ Monday 2:37 PM
- The best Korean beauty toners for your skincare routine Monday 2:33 PM
- Warren’s plan to cancel student debt stimulates the bad-take economy Monday 2:27 PM
- Video shows Easter Bunny punching man on sidewalk Monday 2:09 PM
- The 7 best lubes for when you wanna do butt stuff Monday 2:00 PM
- 11 best sex toys under $35 to blow your mind Monday 1:30 PM
- Twitch streamer inadvertently documents all the times she was sexually, verbally harassed on vacation Monday 1:12 PM
- Raptors coach Nick Nurse becomes a relatable meme Monday 1:12 PM
- Man wears bandage that blends in with his skin tone, and Twitter has all the feelings Monday 12:55 PM
- The 8 best Korean sunscreens to add to your bag Monday 12:15 PM
YouTube star and podcaster Adam22 live-streamed himself getting threatened with a gun on Sunday night.
Adam22, whose real name is Adam Grandmaison, was streaming himself and a friend about to eat a takeout dinner at the back of his L.A. clothing store when a man appeared on the stream, pointed a gun at the host, and screamed, “Give me all your fucking money.” As the apparent gunman and Grandmaison began to struggle, the person continued, “Right now! Do you want to die right now?” Assuming the incident was real, it was a frightening moment for the No Jumper podcast host and for those who were watching.
The two began fighting off camera, and eventually, Grandmaison returned to the stream out of breath and clearly rattled.
Here’s footage of the incident. (Warning: This might be triggering for some.)
Grandmaison and the friend he was streaming with began tussling with the intruder, calling the gunman a “little bitch.” Apparently, other No Jumper employees also got involved. Once he returned to the microphone, Grandmaison said, “I almost fucking shot this dude. Are you serious?” Grandmaison also wondered aloud why the gunman didn’t shoot him. After sounds of a struggle were picked up by the microphones, Grandmaison said the gunman was “out cold” and then decided to call the police.
Grandmaison could have faked the entire incident, but he certainly wasn’t playing it off as a joke on Twitter.
I’ll be back on live as soon as the cops leave
— adam22 (@adam22) March 18, 2019
Actually I’ll be back tomorrow I gotta go chill don’t worry all the donations will get played
— adam22 (@adam22) March 18, 2019
Keemstar, who hosts the YouTube gossip show Drama Alert, also tweeted as if the incident was real.
— KEEM 🍿 (@KEEMSTAR) March 18, 2019
As he wrote on Twitter, “If I got shot tonight my dying words would have been something about how Shane Dawson didn’t jizz on a cat.”
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.