- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Fans are stoked that Taika Waititi is back to direct ‘Thor 4’ Tuesday 7:22 PM
- Sacha Baron Cohen thanks ‘co-stars’ Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin for making Emmy nominations possible Tuesday 6:43 PM
- Roger Stone barred from posting on all social media platforms Tuesday 6:03 PM
- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age Tuesday 5:16 PM
- Kylie Jenner opens up about her mental health in candid Instagram post Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo Tuesday 3:54 PM
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Tuesday 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Tuesday 1:37 PM
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Tuesday 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Tuesday 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Tuesday 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Tuesday 12:02 PM
YouTube star and podcaster Adam22 live-streamed himself getting threatened with a gun on Sunday night.
Adam22, whose real name is Adam Grandmaison, was streaming himself and a friend about to eat a takeout dinner at the back of his L.A. clothing store when a man appeared on the stream, pointed a gun at the host, and screamed, “Give me all your fucking money.” As the apparent gunman and Grandmaison began to struggle, the person continued, “Right now! Do you want to die right now?” Assuming the incident was real, it was a frightening moment for the No Jumper podcast host and for those who were watching.
The two began fighting off camera, and eventually, Grandmaison returned to the stream out of breath and clearly rattled.
Here’s footage of the incident. (Warning: This might be triggering for some.)
Grandmaison and the friend he was streaming with began tussling with the intruder, calling the gunman a “little bitch.” Apparently, other No Jumper employees also got involved. Once he returned to the microphone, Grandmaison said, “I almost fucking shot this dude. Are you serious?” Grandmaison also wondered aloud why the gunman didn’t shoot him. After sounds of a struggle were picked up by the microphones, Grandmaison said the gunman was “out cold” and then decided to call the police.
Grandmaison could have faked the entire incident, but he certainly wasn’t playing it off as a joke on Twitter.
I’ll be back on live as soon as the cops leave— adam22 (@adam22) March 18, 2019
Actually I’ll be back tomorrow I gotta go chill don’t worry all the donations will get played— adam22 (@adam22) March 18, 2019
Keemstar, who hosts the YouTube gossip show Drama Alert, also tweeted as if the incident was real.
As he wrote on Twitter, “If I got shot tonight my dying words would have been something about how Shane Dawson didn’t jizz on a cat.”
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.