- Spotify will soon let you block R. Kelly Monday 6:01 PM
- New Click to Pray app lets you pray with Pope Francis Monday 5:30 PM
- Social media influencer known for hiking in bikinis dead at 36 Monday 4:54 PM
- Trump posts altered pics on social media to make fingers look longer, report Monday 3:20 PM
- Twitch user banned after telling woman to ‘kill yourself’ during stream Monday 3:06 PM
- Facebook introduces ‘Community Actions’ tool to petition the government Monday 2:04 PM
- Sarah Sanders, NRA deliver truly misguided MLK tributes today Monday 12:58 PM
- MAGA teen who confronted Native elder says he ‘respects all races’ Monday 12:57 PM
- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims Monday 12:24 PM
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet Monday 12:08 PM
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Monday 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Monday 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Monday 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Monday 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Monday 9:40 AM
Join a third of the Internet with these easy steps.
You may have a YouTube account right now and not even know it.
YouTube is a part of Google’s social network, and along with Google Drive, users get their own YouTube account when signing up forGmail. Whether you want a second YouTube account, or you’re looking to finally join the Google club, these simple steps will help you create a YouTube account so you can keep all your favorite videos in one place and perhaps get started on the path to making money on YouTube.
How to make a YouTube account
1) Go to YouTube’s homepage
If you aren’t signed into a Google+ account, click the “sign in” button in the top-right corner on YouTube’s homepage. This will bring you to a sign-in form where you can sign into your Google account or create a new one.
2) Create a YouTube account
Click the link in the bottom-left corner that says “More Options,” and then click “Create account.” You will then be redirected to fill out the standard sign-up form.
- The best free movies on YouTube
- The most-viewed YouTube videos of all time
- The 20 most-subscribed-to YouTube channels
- How to block YouTube videos
3) Fill out your information
Fill out your personal information like name, date of birth, phone number, and choose your email for the new account by creating one or using an existing. You may be prompted to fill out a verification that you aren’t a robot, so follow suit if you are or not.
4) Utilize your new account
Once you’ve created your new YouTube, you can delete its associated Google+ account by visiting your Google account preferences and selecting “Delete your account or services.”
Kristen Hubby is a tech and lifestyle reporter. Her writing focuses on sex, pop culture, streaming entertainment, and social media, with an emphasis on major platforms like Snapchat, YouTube, and Spotify. Her work has also appeared in Austin Monthly and the Austin American-Statesman, where she covered local news and the dining scene in Austin, Texas.