- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Today 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
20? 50? 75?
How many towels do you own? More specifically, how many of each type of towel do you own? There are hand towels, face towels, bath towels, and probably other types of towels that only very wealthy people know about. Your answer likely depends on several factors. Do you live alone, with a partner, or with roommates? More importantly, have you ever thought about how many towels an adult should own? Probably not, unless you run an Airbnb.
Over the weekend, Twitter user @Advil posed the question to his followers. “My gf and i have a question… what is the correct amount of towels to own? i said 10 and she looked at me like i was crazy. we have zero frame of reference on the appropriate amount of towels in a household of two,” he wrote.
hello fellow adults. my gf and i have a question… what is the correct amount of towels to own? i said 10 and she looked at me like i was crazy. we have zero frame of reference on the appropriate amount of towels in a household of two.
— abdul (@Advil) February 17, 2019
Writer Yashar Ali responded that couples should own at least 50 towels—including 20 wash cloths.
As a couple you should own a minimum of the following
10 Bath Sheets
10 Bath Towels
10 Hand Towels
20 Wash Cloths
Preferably more https://t.co/CWqd8kp5vJ
— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) February 18, 2019
The tweet launched a debate and then turned into a meme.
All grown couples should have
12 Shower towels
16 Tea towels
8 Guest towels
1 Mystery towel
19 Wash linens
10 Hand towels
9 Hand towels (other hand)
16 Yōkai towels
— Italian Alex Pareene (@pareene) February 18, 2019
as a couple you should own a minimum of the following:
– 6 bath towels
– 4 hand towels
– 12 plates
– 4 battle axes
— MJ (@morganisawizard) February 18, 2019
As a Floridian you should own a minimum of the following
19 beach towels
5 pool towels
3 car towels
6 dog towels
1 Marco Rubio Sweating towel
Preferably more https://t.co/Dm4jn8dyHY
— Deb (@debontherocks) February 18, 2019
A couple should on average have enough towels to embalm each other according to ancient Egyptian customs, otherwise grow the fuck up!
— Erin buffet sweatsuit Ryan (@morninggloria) February 18, 2019
How many towels should I own? (1932) pic.twitter.com/QgEpBOsLra
— Paul Fairie (@paulisci) February 18, 2019
As a couple you should own a minimum of the following:
One: the cow as white as milk
Two: the cape as red as blood
Three: the hair as yellow as corn
Four: the slipper as pure as gold
Five: 12 bath towels you have stolen from various gyms
— R. Eric Thomas (@oureric) February 18, 2019
owning a lot of towels is for:
1) very rich people
2) parents, but only after you leave home and yet all the towels are 15 years old and torn somehow
— libby watson (@libbycwatson) February 18, 2019
If you know how many towels you own, you’re a cop. pic.twitter.com/CukAuvpzhl
— Erin For President (@erinscafe) February 18, 2019
Girls don't like boys, girls like owning, at a minimum, 50 towels, preferably more.
— Zach Heltzel (@zachheltzel) February 18, 2019
The towels discussion inspired people to buy more towels.
Just checked Amazon. They’re out of towels. All the towels are gone. Hope y’all got your towels in a safe place. Hold your towels tight
— elan gale (@theyearofelan) February 18, 2019
— Alicia Lewis (@sosaysalicia) February 18, 2019
So… how many towels should you actually own? No one really knows, but if you have at least a few clean ones on your shelf, you’re probably doing fine.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.