- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Monday 10:35 AM
- These are the only online dating sites worth your time Monday 10:29 AM
20? 50? 75?
How many towels do you own? More specifically, how many of each type of towel do you own? There are hand towels, face towels, bath towels, and probably other types of towels that only very wealthy people know about. Your answer likely depends on several factors. Do you live alone, with a partner, or with roommates? More importantly, have you ever thought about how many towels an adult should own? Probably not, unless you run an Airbnb.
Over the weekend, Twitter user @Advil posed the question to his followers. “My gf and i have a question… what is the correct amount of towels to own? i said 10 and she looked at me like i was crazy. we have zero frame of reference on the appropriate amount of towels in a household of two,” he wrote.
hello fellow adults. my gf and i have a question… what is the correct amount of towels to own? i said 10 and she looked at me like i was crazy. we have zero frame of reference on the appropriate amount of towels in a household of two.
— abdul (@Advil) February 17, 2019
Writer Yashar Ali responded that couples should own at least 50 towels—including 20 wash cloths.
As a couple you should own a minimum of the following
10 Bath Sheets
10 Bath Towels
10 Hand Towels
20 Wash Cloths
Preferably more https://t.co/CWqd8kp5vJ
— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) February 18, 2019
The tweet launched a debate and then turned into a meme.
All grown couples should have
12 Shower towels
16 Tea towels
8 Guest towels
1 Mystery towel
19 Wash linens
10 Hand towels
9 Hand towels (other hand)
16 Yōkai towels
— Italian Alex Pareene (@pareene) February 18, 2019
as a couple you should own a minimum of the following:
– 6 bath towels
– 4 hand towels
– 12 plates
– 4 battle axes
— MJ (@morganisawizard) February 18, 2019
As a Floridian you should own a minimum of the following
19 beach towels
5 pool towels
3 car towels
6 dog towels
1 Marco Rubio Sweating towel
Preferably more https://t.co/Dm4jn8dyHY
— Deb (@debontherocks) February 18, 2019
A couple should on average have enough towels to embalm each other according to ancient Egyptian customs, otherwise grow the fuck up!
— Erin buffet sweatsuit Ryan (@morninggloria) February 18, 2019
How many towels should I own? (1932) pic.twitter.com/QgEpBOsLra
— Paul Fairie (@paulisci) February 18, 2019
As a couple you should own a minimum of the following:
One: the cow as white as milk
Two: the cape as red as blood
Three: the hair as yellow as corn
Four: the slipper as pure as gold
Five: 12 bath towels you have stolen from various gyms
— R. Eric Thomas (@oureric) February 18, 2019
owning a lot of towels is for:
1) very rich people
2) parents, but only after you leave home and yet all the towels are 15 years old and torn somehow
— libby watson (@libbycwatson) February 18, 2019
If you know how many towels you own, you’re a cop. pic.twitter.com/CukAuvpzhl
— Erin For President (@erinscafe) February 18, 2019
Girls don't like boys, girls like owning, at a minimum, 50 towels, preferably more.
— Zach Heltzel (@zachheltzel) February 18, 2019
The towels discussion inspired people to buy more towels.
Just checked Amazon. They’re out of towels. All the towels are gone. Hope y’all got your towels in a safe place. Hold your towels tight
— elan gale (@theyearofelan) February 18, 2019
— Alicia Lewis (@sosaysalicia) February 18, 2019
So… how many towels should you actually own? No one really knows, but if you have at least a few clean ones on your shelf, you’re probably doing fine.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.