- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo 5 Months Ago
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article 5 Months Ago
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Today 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Today 1:37 PM
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Today 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Today 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Today 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Today 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Today 12:02 PM
- Democratic senator calls Facebook ‘dangerous’ during Libra cryptocurrency hearing Today 11:57 AM
- How ‘Kyle’ became synonymous with angry, Monster Energy-chugging white boys Today 11:22 AM
- Nearly impossible ‘Super Mario Maker 2’ level inspires memes Today 11:16 AM
- Madonna faces backlash for posting photos of her Black daughters with watermelon Today 10:44 AM
- Biden wants to challenge Trump to a push-up contest Today 10:00 AM
- Trump continues to tweet as House gears up to condemn his racist tweets Today 9:21 AM
20? 50? 75?
How many towels do you own? More specifically, how many of each type of towel do you own? There are hand towels, face towels, bath towels, and probably other types of towels that only very wealthy people know about. Your answer likely depends on several factors. Do you live alone, with a partner, or with roommates? More importantly, have you ever thought about how many towels an adult should own? Probably not, unless you run an Airbnb.
Over the weekend, Twitter user @Advil posed the question to his followers. “My gf and i have a question… what is the correct amount of towels to own? i said 10 and she looked at me like i was crazy. we have zero frame of reference on the appropriate amount of towels in a household of two,” he wrote.
hello fellow adults. my gf and i have a question... what is the correct amount of towels to own? i said 10 and she looked at me like i was crazy. we have zero frame of reference on the appropriate amount of towels in a household of two.— abdul (@Advil) February 17, 2019
Writer Yashar Ali responded that couples should own at least 50 towels—including 20 wash cloths.
As a couple you should own a minimum of the following— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) February 18, 2019
10 Bath Sheets
10 Bath Towels
10 Hand Towels
20 Wash Cloths
Preferably more https://t.co/CWqd8kp5vJ
The tweet launched a debate and then turned into a meme.
All grown couples should have— Italian Alex Pareene (@pareene) February 18, 2019
12 Shower towels
16 Tea towels
8 Guest towels
1 Mystery towel
19 Wash linens
10 Hand towels
9 Hand towels (other hand)
16 Yōkai towels
as a couple you should own a minimum of the following:— MJ (@morganisawizard) February 18, 2019
- 6 bath towels
- 4 hand towels
- 12 plates
- 4 battle axes
As a Floridian you should own a minimum of the following— Deb (@debontherocks) February 18, 2019
19 beach towels
5 pool towels
3 car towels
6 dog towels
1 Marco Rubio Sweating towel
Preferably more https://t.co/Dm4jn8dyHY
A couple should on average have enough towels to embalm each other according to ancient Egyptian customs, otherwise grow the fuck up!— Erin buffet sweatsuit Ryan (@morninggloria) February 18, 2019
How many towels should I own? (1932) pic.twitter.com/QgEpBOsLra— Paul Fairie (@paulisci) February 18, 2019
As a couple you should own a minimum of the following:— R. Eric Thomas (@oureric) February 18, 2019
One: the cow as white as milk
Two: the cape as red as blood
Three: the hair as yellow as corn
Four: the slipper as pure as gold
Five: 12 bath towels you have stolen from various gyms
owning a lot of towels is for:— libby watson (@libbycwatson) February 18, 2019
1) very rich people
2) parents, but only after you leave home and yet all the towels are 15 years old and torn somehow
If you know how many towels you own, you’re a cop. pic.twitter.com/CukAuvpzhl— Erin For President (@erinscafe) February 18, 2019
Girls don't like boys, girls like owning, at a minimum, 50 towels, preferably more.— Zach Heltzel (@zachheltzel) February 18, 2019
The towels discussion inspired people to buy more towels.
Just checked Amazon. They’re out of towels. All the towels are gone. Hope y’all got your towels in a safe place. Hold your towels tight— elan gale (@theyearofelan) February 18, 2019
So… how many towels should you actually own? No one really knows, but if you have at least a few clean ones on your shelf, you’re probably doing fine.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.