- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu 5 Years Ago
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Today 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Today 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Today 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Today 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Today 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Today 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
You won’t believe this Swedish popsicle actually exists
GB Glace says it looks like a rocket, but Swedish parents say it looks like… well, something NSFW.
GB Glace, a Swedish ice cream company, recently released a new popsicle marketed to kids. GB Glace says it looks like a rocket, but Swedish parents say it looks like a penis.
This is what it looks like in marketing material:
This is what it looks like IRL:
“In several interviews they continue to claim that they have no idea what people are talking about,” Swedish journalist Erik Carlsson told me in an email. “They just see it as a normal popsicle.”
Carlsson translated a few choice Facebook comments for us.
“I ate one last week,” wrote one commenter. “Or, I actually bought it for my daughter, but when I opened it I died of laughter and said to my boyfriend that they have made an ice cream dildo!”
“It’s a little bit kinky to eat the top of the ice cream because it ‘pops’ in your mouth.”
Brendan O’Connor is a technology and politics reporter. In April 2016, he joined Gawker Media Group as a staff writer, where he covers the alt-right for its special projects desk.