- Spotify will soon let you block R. Kelly Monday 6:01 PM
- New Click to Pray app lets you pray with Pope Francis Monday 5:30 PM
- Social media influencer known for hiking in bikinis dead at 36 Monday 4:54 PM
- Trump posts altered pics on social media to make fingers look longer, report Monday 3:20 PM
- Twitch user banned after telling woman to ‘kill yourself’ during stream Monday 3:06 PM
- Facebook introduces ‘Community Actions’ tool to petition the government Monday 2:04 PM
- Sarah Sanders, NRA deliver truly misguided MLK tributes today Monday 12:58 PM
- MAGA teen who confronted Native elder says he ‘respects all races’ Monday 12:57 PM
- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims Monday 12:24 PM
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet Monday 12:08 PM
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Monday 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Monday 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Monday 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Monday 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Monday 9:40 AM
I’ve had it with these…
Somebody get Hollywood on the phone.
According to the Associated Press, an actual, real-life motherfucking snake was found on a motherfucking Aeromexico plane on Sunday. The snake made its appearance on a flight between Torreon, Mexico, and Mexico City.
In a statement to AP, Aeromexico said the plane was given priority landing in Mexico City, where workers then “secured the reptile.” The airline is investigating how the snake made it into the cabin in the first place.
Yes, journalists everywhere, myself included are taking the opportunity to turn this snake’s in-flight guest appearance into one exhausting Snakes on a Plane reference.
Screengrab via Gizmodo
Screengrab via TIME
Screengrab via DailyMail
And rightfully so, as this first film in meme history just celebrated its 10-year anniversary and still serves as fresh meme-spiration today.
But we can’t celebrate this IRL meme without paying homage to the original motherfucking snakes found on motherfucking planes: Two snakes found on two separate Quantas flights in 2013.
One scrub python desperately clung to a plane’s wing while being violently battered against the side of the plane on a flight for almost two hours in January 2013. The other, a Mandarin rat snake, delayed a flight from Australia to Tokyo in September 2013 and forced 370 passengers to spend the night in a Sydney hotel.
While the latter snake was removed and quarantined, the former clearly didn’t stand a chance:
Instead of watching a snake get beaten to a bloody pulp against the side of an airplane, peep this music video for emo-pop band Cobra Starship’s 2006 hit eponymously named after the “Snakes on a Plane” soundtrack.
Yes, this was an actual song and video that people paid real money to produce.
Brb, waiting to see if this poor snake becomes the next homewrecker penguin.
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.