- Parked Tesla Model S bursts into flames in shocking video 2 Years Ago
- Fortnite is getting an Avengers Endgame event Today 2:44 PM
- The living are facing the end of the world in the latest ‘Game of Thrones’ Today 2:37 PM
- The best Korean beauty toners for your skincare routine Today 2:33 PM
- Warren’s plan to cancel student debt stimulates the bad-take economy Today 2:27 PM
- Video shows Easter Bunny punching man on sidewalk Today 2:09 PM
- The 7 best lubes for when you wanna do butt stuff Today 2:00 PM
- 11 best sex toys under $35 to blow your mind Today 1:30 PM
- Twitch streamer inadvertently documents all the times she was sexually, verbally harassed on vacation Today 1:12 PM
- Raptors coach Nick Nurse becomes a relatable meme Today 1:12 PM
- Man wears bandage that blends in with his skin tone, and Twitter has all the feelings Today 12:55 PM
- The 8 best Korean sunscreens to add to your bag Today 12:15 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ commercials drop a few big spoilers Today 11:58 AM
- 11 party games for people sick of playing Cards Against Humanity Today 11:45 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy makes the most Curvy Wife Guy pregnancy announcement Today 11:31 AM
The Smash Mouth-Oakland A’s Twitter beef is your new favorite rivalry
Get your game on. Go play.
Musical Guy Fieri cosplay outfit Smash Mouth just threw down on the Oakland A’s. Both were watching Game 3 of the World Series, which featured former Athletics player and current Cleveland Indians outfield Coco Crisp deliver big time. Crisp was responsible for the lone run that netted the Indians a victory and has them up 2-1 in the series. And it’s great to see a former A do the damn thing!
…Except not when you’re a bitter band from San Jose, a town with a shitty San Francisco Giants minor league team and with little hope of drawing a big league franchise to the cesspool of Silicon Valley.
It all started late Friday night with San Francisco Chronicle columnist John Shea serving up a fiery hot take on Crisp’s final stand with the A’s.
Coco Crisp goes from accusing A’s of benching him to prevent $13M option from vesting to hitting key RBI single for Indians in World Series.
— John Shea (@JohnSheaHey) October 29, 2016
Smash and Mouth apparently weren’t having it, though they did congratulate Crisp on getting the fuck out of Oakland.
Naturally, the A’s took notice, fired up the grill, and roasted the hell out of the “All Star” band.
It’s worth noting that A’s pitcher Sean Doolittle also joined in the fun, delivering a few puns in the process.
Smash Mouth was no match for this squad, striking out royally on Twitter. All while the A’s earned a few new fans in the process. Hey now.
Update 2:15pm CT, Oct. 29: It appears the A’s have apologized to Smash Mouth. Peep the green and gold olive branch:
If there’s not a Smash Mouth guy/Guy Fieri/Violent J bobblehead giveaway or a Shrek soundtrack-themed fireworks night in the works I’m burning my Rickey Henderson jersey.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.