- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate player’s trans flag removed for being ‘political’ Monday 7:37 PM
- Does Donald Trump Jr. know what American soldiers do? Monday 7:17 PM
- Sophie Turner has a hot take on Arya’s ‘Game of Thrones’ sex scene Monday 6:50 PM
- Parked Tesla Model S bursts into flames in shocking video Monday 3:12 PM
- Fortnite is getting an Avengers Endgame event Monday 2:44 PM
- The living are facing the end of the world in the latest ‘Game of Thrones’ Monday 2:37 PM
- The best Korean beauty toners for your skincare routine Monday 2:33 PM
- Warren’s plan to cancel student debt stimulates the bad-take economy Monday 2:27 PM
- Video shows Easter Bunny punching man on sidewalk Monday 2:09 PM
- The 7 best lubes for when you wanna do butt stuff Monday 2:00 PM
- 11 best sex toys under $35 to blow your mind Monday 1:30 PM
- Twitch streamer inadvertently documents all the times she was sexually, verbally harassed on vacation Monday 1:12 PM
- Raptors coach Nick Nurse becomes a relatable meme Monday 1:12 PM
- Man wears bandage that blends in with his skin tone, and Twitter has all the feelings Monday 12:55 PM
- The 8 best Korean sunscreens to add to your bag Monday 12:15 PM
Angry Seahawks fan’s screams ruin wife and son’s birthday greeting to Grandma
Grandma needs to stop having birthdays during the playoffs.
The Seattle Seahawks‘ Sunday victory over the Green Bay Packers for the NFC Championship title certainly wasn’t an easy win. In fact, at several points in the game, it didn’t look like the Seahawks would make it anywhere near Super Bowl XLIX. Needless to say, this caused unendurable grief for Seahawks fans all over the country, as they updated their Facebook statuses every 10 minutes with messages like “WTF Seattle?!?!?!” and screamed profanities at the TV.
Today, we discovered one lasting bit of collateral damage from the temporary heartburn of being a Seahawks fan. One of the team’s rabid supporters reacted so loudly to the tense game that he ruined a Happy Birthday message.
The Seahawks’ fan’s wife and their infant son were trying to record birthday greeting for Grandma on the computer, but the man just wouldn’t let up. As the mother sings a foreign-language version of Happy Birthday and does her best to get the toddler to join in, good old Dad can be heard plain as day from the other room, swearing his head off at the Seahawks.
Something tells us Dad was in a better, more party-friendly mood by the end of the game.
Photo via PhilipRobertson/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.