- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
Angry Seahawks fan’s screams ruin wife and son’s birthday greeting to Grandma
Grandma needs to stop having birthdays during the playoffs.
The Seattle Seahawks‘ Sunday victory over the Green Bay Packers for the NFC Championship title certainly wasn’t an easy win. In fact, at several points in the game, it didn’t look like the Seahawks would make it anywhere near Super Bowl XLIX. Needless to say, this caused unendurable grief for Seahawks fans all over the country, as they updated their Facebook statuses every 10 minutes with messages like “WTF Seattle?!?!?!” and screamed profanities at the TV.
Today, we discovered one lasting bit of collateral damage from the temporary heartburn of being a Seahawks fan. One of the team’s rabid supporters reacted so loudly to the tense game that he ruined a Happy Birthday message.
The Seahawks’ fan’s wife and their infant son were trying to record birthday greeting for Grandma on the computer, but the man just wouldn’t let up. As the mother sings a foreign-language version of Happy Birthday and does her best to get the toddler to join in, good old Dad can be heard plain as day from the other room, swearing his head off at the Seahawks.
Something tells us Dad was in a better, more party-friendly mood by the end of the game.
Photo via PhilipRobertson/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.