- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
When your own pole screws you over.
Dicks can often be a liability during athletic events. They get in the way when wearing a harness for rock climbing, and there’s almost nothing worse than a soccer ball straight to the nuts.
And as for losing out on the opportunity to compete in the Olympics thanks to your own lil’ member? Well, that takes the cake for horrible penis-related situations.
On Saturday, Japan’s Hiroki Ogita blew the qualifying round of Rio’s pole vaulting competition. Technically, his leg is what fucked up his chance, since it hits first, but his own pole was definitely involved as well.
Redditors posted the cringeworthy moment to r/gifs.
As one person pointed out: “Live by the pole, die by the pole.” Damn. Talk about getting cockblocked.
And while we’re major proponents of dicks out for Harambe, it’s probably worthwhile to make sure it’s properly secured before trying to make it to the Olympics.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.