- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda 4 Years Ago
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Today 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Today 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Today 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Today 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Today 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Today 11:36 AM
- People keep throwing milkshakes at the U.K.’s far-right politicians Today 11:10 AM
- James Charles is rebounding from his YouTube scandal—and his mentor is paying the price Today 10:42 AM
- Conservatives accuse Pete Buttigieg of wanting to tear down Jefferson Memorial Today 10:28 AM
- Graduating Moorehouse students thank billionaire for vowing to pay off $40m in student debt Today 10:22 AM
- ‘Westworld’ season 3 trailer gives us a new world, Aaron Paul Today 10:17 AM
- Twitch streamer says she’s receiving backlash for ‘getting men banned’ Today 9:27 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ fulfilled a twisted version of its biggest prophecy Today 8:17 AM
Newlywed Patriots fans support Tom Brady by refusing to go on honeymoon
Love rules all—unless you’re really upset about the NFL punishing your favorite quarterback.
Never underestimate Patriots fans’ willingness to do what it takes to make sure his or her team is treated as fairly as possible—at least in their own minds. Just this weekend, 150 New England supporters took to the streets (or the Gillette Stadium parking lot) for a Free Tom Brady rally.
Brady was suspended for four games for his role in #DeflateGate—continuing this new era of NFL discipline—and with the star’s appeal to commissioner Roger Goodell, there’s a chance the quarterback’s punishment could be reduced in time for the 2015 season.
And Goodell had better cut a deal soon, or a couple of newlywed Patriots fans are going to protest … by not going on their honeymoon.
In case you missed it, this guy and his blushing bride—wherever she is—aren’t going to take a vacation, because they’re mad that a guy they don’t know in real life (and who could easily afford a couple thousand honeymoons) was punished for cheating at a professional sport.
Paul and Kellie Goodrow were married May 9, and though they were supposed be planning a holiday of wedded bliss in Bermuda to celebrate their love, they apparently would rather hang out in a parking lot and hold signs in support of the quarterback they love.
“Until Brady is back on the field, that’s the way it is,” Paul Goodrow said, according CBS Boston. “I’ve been a fan my whole life, since 1982. Actually, I have tattoos of Tom Brady on my body.”
More from this brave fan: “Our whole house is Patriots. It’s like a man cave. It’s like my wife doesn’t even live there.”
Most assuredly, Kellie does not love hearing that. Yet she seems to be supportive of Brady and the decision to postpone the honeymoon. Probably because she can check out that Brady tattoo on her husband whether’s she’s in Bermuda or chilling out a dank New England man cave.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.