- T.I. says Nipsey Hussle’s death was ‘like losing Iron Man’ 4 Years Ago
- Facebook banned billions of fake accounts in the first 3 months of this year Today 5:49 PM
- Twitch streamer gets banned for drunkenly passing out during broadcast Today 5:00 PM
- WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange indicted under Espionage Act Today 4:39 PM
- These doctored videos want to make you think Nancy Pelosi is always drunk Today 4:02 PM
- A robot could soon be delivering your packages from a self-driving car Today 3:29 PM
- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate Today 2:40 PM
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image Today 1:57 PM
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy Today 1:55 PM
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Today 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Today 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Today 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Today 11:43 AM
- Tfue releases statement on FaZe Clan lawsuit, says his contract is ‘f*cked’ Today 11:34 AM
- People are using an app to out gropers on Japan’s subway Today 11:24 AM
God bless the united steaks of America.
By 1991, the restaurant chain Sizzler—offering steak, seafood, and a salad bar in a casual, family-friendly setting—was well on its way to bankruptcy and obscurity. So it’s no shocker that it pulled out all the stops in this insanely patriotic, five-minute-long promotional spot.
Don’t know about the food, but if this franchise was running for president, it’d have my vote:
What an injustice it is that such a fine establishment has mostly faded away while Fuddruckers lives on.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'