- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
- Bloomberg razzed for accidentally making an Alexa Fleshlight Wednesday 5:29 PM
- Who is putting cowboy hats on pigeons? Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Scammer reportedly bribed Facebook employee to keep posts up Wednesday 3:36 PM
- The 1975’s singer criticized for ‘Islamophobic’ rant Wednesday 3:22 PM
- Ready to dish out $52K for Apple’s new Mac Pro? Wednesday 3:03 PM
- N.K. Jemisin and Jamal Campbell discuss their new Green Lantern comic, ‘Far Sector’ Wednesday 3:00 PM
- YouTube says it will be harsher on creators with ‘patterns of harassing behavior’ Wednesday 1:15 PM
- Why one senator stopped a vote on net neutrality Wednesday 12:49 PM
- Man reportedly denied refugee status after officials fail to forward email Wednesday 12:09 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ star to lead Disney+ ‘Home Alone’ reboot Wednesday 12:08 PM
For actors, dancers, and a variety of performing artists, headshots are a staple of the business. They can also prove to be a wonderful snapshot in time. As a way to celebrate how far they’ve come—and perhaps get a good laugh, too—celebrities started sharing their old headshots to social media on Friday. In what quickly spread as the #OldHeadshotDay hashtag, celebs shared photos from their acting days of yore, and some are truly treasures to behold.
Take Danielle Fishel of Boy Meets World fame. She shared her shots from her early days as a child actress in the 1990s—and boy are her photos a throwback.
Reese Witherspoon‘s is also a gem of ’90s nostalgia and pre-teen self-confidence.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt also shared a shot from his (very) early acting career.
Zach Braff also got in on the fun, not once but twice, poking fun at his poses.
Stephen Colbert got real with his toothy Old Headshot Day smile.
Viola Davis shared hers, as well.
And Laverne Cox has always looked amazing.
Some famous faces, like former pro wrestler Sean Waltman, used the social media trend to share some humor.
Grumpy Cat also joined in on the fun.
Sad Kylo Ren also got in on the game.
For more mind-blowing and hilarity, you can peruse the #oldheadshotday hashtag on Twitter or Instagram.
Christina Bonnington is a tech reporter who specializes in consumer gadgets, apps, and the trends shaping the technology industry. Her work has also appeared in Gizmodo, Wired, Refinery29, Slate, Bicycling, and Outside Magazine. She is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and has a background in electrical engineering.