- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets 4 Years Ago
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu 4 Years Ago
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Today 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Today 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
Remember that scene in The Wolf of Wolf Street where Matthew McConaughey advises Leonardo DiCaprio to masturbate at least twice a day, to help him keep his calm as he enters the chaotic world of brokering?
It appears London-based sex toy company Hot Octopuss shares that sentiment. The same guys behind the “Guybrator” have now created a male stress relief booth in Manhattan (on 28th Street and 5th Avenue, specifically) called “GuyFi.” It comes with a chair, laptop, and curtain so you can conveniently choke the chicken.
Here’s what Hot Octopuss co-founder Adam Lewis had to say about the booth in a press release:
There’s no denying that working a nine to five job can be stressful on both your mind and body, especially in a non-stop city like Manhattan. It’s really important for guys to look after themselves so that they can stay healthy and focus properly on the task in hand. We’re told time and time again how beneficial it is to have a break away from your desk. At Hot Octopuss we are all about looking for new solutions to improve everyday life and we feel we’ve done just that with the new GuyFi booth. We hope the city’s men enjoy using the space we’ve created in whatever way they want. It’s completely free of charge… all that we ask is they thank us when they get their promotion!
The social experiment may or may not help with New York’s public masturbation headlines. But at least there’s finally a safe space for such acts.
Photo via Joshua Flores/Twitter
Elijah Watson is an internet culture and entertainment reporter. His work has been published by the Daily Beast, Vice, Complex, Bustle, Uproxx, and Okayplayer.