- The best Korean beauty products for $15 or less 3 Years Ago
- PewDiePie’s reign as the No. 1 YouTuber seems to be over 3 Years Ago
- Amazon’s ‘Hanna’ miniseries offers a more conventional take on the teen spy thriller 3 Years Ago
- Conservative writer tweets about bombing a university after women are hired Today 10:16 AM
- YouTube star Ice Poseidon reportedly raided by FBI Today 10:11 AM
- Devin Nunes is threatening to sue more people who mock him on Twitter Today 10:10 AM
- The Economist faces blowback for asking if trans people should be sterilized Today 9:50 AM
- 8 doormats that we can’t believe actually exist Today 9:35 AM
- Why is political blog the Hill publishing op-eds by anti-LGBTQ hate groups? Today 9:16 AM
- A woman vice president? The 2020 men have some thoughts Today 9:00 AM
- 80 percent of Americans support reinstating net neutrality Today 8:38 AM
- Website secretly filmed 1,600 hotel guests for fetish live stream Today 8:18 AM
- The Holga 120N is the $40 camera you never knew you needed Today 8:13 AM
- Poster for ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ gets mercilessly roasted Today 7:18 AM
- How to steam March Madness 2019 for free Today 7:00 AM
And it’s free!
Remember that scene in The Wolf of Wolf Street where Matthew McConaughey advises Leonardo DiCaprio to masturbate at least twice a day, to help him keep his calm as he enters the chaotic world of brokering?
It appears London-based sex toy company Hot Octopuss shares that sentiment. The same guys behind the “Guybrator” have now created a male stress relief booth in Manhattan (on 28th Street and 5th Avenue, specifically) called “GuyFi.” It comes with a chair, laptop, and curtain so you can conveniently choke the chicken.
Here’s what Hot Octopuss co-founder Adam Lewis had to say about the booth in a press release:
There’s no denying that working a nine to five job can be stressful on both your mind and body, especially in a non-stop city like Manhattan. It’s really important for guys to look after themselves so that they can stay healthy and focus properly on the task in hand. We’re told time and time again how beneficial it is to have a break away from your desk. At Hot Octopuss we are all about looking for new solutions to improve everyday life and we feel we’ve done just that with the new GuyFi booth. We hope the city’s men enjoy using the space we’ve created in whatever way they want. It’s completely free of charge… all that we ask is they thank us when they get their promotion!
The social experiment may or may not help with New York’s public masturbation headlines. But at least there’s finally a safe space for such acts.
Photo via Joshua Flores/Twitter
Elijah Watson is an internet culture and entertainment reporter. His work has been published by the Daily Beast, Vice, Complex, Bustle, Uproxx, and Okayplayer.