- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad 4 Years Ago
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet 4 Years Ago
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Today 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Today 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Today 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Today 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Today 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Today 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Today 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Today 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
Remember that scene in The Wolf of Wolf Street where Matthew McConaughey advises Leonardo DiCaprio to masturbate at least twice a day, to help him keep his calm as he enters the chaotic world of brokering?
It appears London-based sex toy company Hot Octopuss shares that sentiment. The same guys behind the “Guybrator” have now created a male stress relief booth in Manhattan (on 28th Street and 5th Avenue, specifically) called “GuyFi.” It comes with a chair, laptop, and curtain so you can conveniently choke the chicken.
Here’s what Hot Octopuss co-founder Adam Lewis had to say about the booth in a press release:
There’s no denying that working a nine to five job can be stressful on both your mind and body, especially in a non-stop city like Manhattan. It’s really important for guys to look after themselves so that they can stay healthy and focus properly on the task in hand. We’re told time and time again how beneficial it is to have a break away from your desk. At Hot Octopuss we are all about looking for new solutions to improve everyday life and we feel we’ve done just that with the new GuyFi booth. We hope the city’s men enjoy using the space we’ve created in whatever way they want. It’s completely free of charge… all that we ask is they thank us when they get their promotion!
The social experiment may or may not help with New York’s public masturbation headlines. But at least there’s finally a safe space for such acts.
Photo via Joshua Flores/Twitter
Elijah Watson is an internet culture and entertainment reporter. His work has been published by the Daily Beast, Vice, Complex, Bustle, Uproxx, and Okayplayer.