- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Saturday 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Saturday 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
A Louisana man was arrested on Saturday for opening a tub of ice cream and licking its contents in a store.
The 36-year-old man, Lenise Lloyd Martin III, was allegedly trying to copy the original “Blue Bell licker” for a viral challenge. He posted a video of himself licking the ice cream on Facebook, which is why he is being charged with “unlawful posting of criminal activity for notoriety and publicity.”
Police officers were responding to a complaint from witnesses in the store who allegedly saw what Martin did. Martin even showed police a receipt proving that he allegedly purchased the contaminated tub, which authorities could not find upon searching the freezer.
“We do know that he paid for a container that was identical to the one that he did lick and we could not find it on the shelf,” Commander Lonny Cavalier of the Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office told WBRZ.
But Martin was still charged with one count of “criminal mischief for tampering with property” he had not yet purchased.
The original “Blue Bell licker,” who kicked off the challenge, is a 17-year-old from San Antonio, Texas. The teen can be seen in a now-viral video opening a tub of Tin Roof-flavored Blue Bell ice cream, licking it, and then putting it back on the store shelf for another unsuspecting customer to purchase.
Her minor status is why she is no longer facing the felony charge she was once rumored to be facing. The case is now in the hands of the Texas Juvenile Justice Department.
- Guards are now having to protect ice cream from the lickers
- Police may charge the Blue Bell ice cream licker with a felony
- People are licking ice cream and then putting it back on the shelf for this viral challenge
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Eilish O’Sullivan is the news wire editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.