- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
A Louisana man was arrested on Saturday for opening a tub of ice cream and licking its contents in a store.
The 36-year-old man, Lenise Lloyd Martin III, was allegedly trying to copy the original “Blue Bell licker” for a viral challenge. He posted a video of himself licking the ice cream on Facebook, which is why he is being charged with “unlawful posting of criminal activity for notoriety and publicity.”
Police officers were responding to a complaint from witnesses in the store who allegedly saw what Martin did. Martin even showed police a receipt proving that he allegedly purchased the contaminated tub, which authorities could not find upon searching the freezer.
“We do know that he paid for a container that was identical to the one that he did lick and we could not find it on the shelf,” Commander Lonny Cavalier of the Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office told WBRZ.
But Martin was still charged with one count of “criminal mischief for tampering with property” he had not yet purchased.
The original “Blue Bell licker,” who kicked off the challenge, is a 17-year-old from San Antonio, Texas. The teen can be seen in a now-viral video opening a tub of Tin Roof-flavored Blue Bell ice cream, licking it, and then putting it back on the store shelf for another unsuspecting customer to purchase.
Her minor status is why she is no longer facing the felony charge she was once rumored to be facing. The case is now in the hands of the Texas Juvenile Justice Department.
- Guards are now having to protect ice cream from the lickers
- Police may charge the Blue Bell ice cream licker with a felony
- People are licking ice cream and then putting it back on the shelf for this viral challenge
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.