- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Sunday 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Sunday 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
A Louisana man was arrested on Saturday for opening a tub of ice cream and licking its contents in a store.
The 36-year-old man, Lenise Lloyd Martin III, was allegedly trying to copy the original “Blue Bell licker” for a viral challenge. He posted a video of himself licking the ice cream on Facebook, which is why he is being charged with “unlawful posting of criminal activity for notoriety and publicity.”
Police officers were responding to a complaint from witnesses in the store who allegedly saw what Martin did. Martin even showed police a receipt proving that he allegedly purchased the contaminated tub, which authorities could not find upon searching the freezer.
“We do know that he paid for a container that was identical to the one that he did lick and we could not find it on the shelf,” Commander Lonny Cavalier of the Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office told WBRZ.
But Martin was still charged with one count of “criminal mischief for tampering with property” he had not yet purchased.
The original “Blue Bell licker,” who kicked off the challenge, is a 17-year-old from San Antonio, Texas. The teen can be seen in a now-viral video opening a tub of Tin Roof-flavored Blue Bell ice cream, licking it, and then putting it back on the store shelf for another unsuspecting customer to purchase.
Her minor status is why she is no longer facing the felony charge she was once rumored to be facing. The case is now in the hands of the Texas Juvenile Justice Department.
- Guards are now having to protect ice cream from the lickers
- Police may charge the Blue Bell ice cream licker with a felony
- People are licking ice cream and then putting it back on the shelf for this viral challenge
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.