- How to clear your search history on Instagram 2 Weeks Ago
- How to stream the Leagues Cup competition between MLS and Liga MX Today 5:00 AM
- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
Man arrested for licking ice cream, inspired by original ‘Blue Bell licker’
A Louisana man was arrested on Saturday for opening a tub of ice cream and licking its contents in a store.
The 36-year-old man, Lenise Lloyd Martin III, was allegedly trying to copy the original “Blue Bell licker” for a viral challenge. He posted a video of himself licking the ice cream on Facebook, which is why he is being charged with “unlawful posting of criminal activity for notoriety and publicity.”
Police officers were responding to a complaint from witnesses in the store who allegedly saw what Martin did. Martin even showed police a receipt proving that he allegedly purchased the contaminated tub, which authorities could not find upon searching the freezer.
“We do know that he paid for a container that was identical to the one that he did lick and we could not find it on the shelf,” Commander Lonny Cavalier of the Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office told WBRZ.
But Martin was still charged with one count of “criminal mischief for tampering with property” he had not yet purchased.
The original “Blue Bell licker,” who kicked off the challenge, is a 17-year-old from San Antonio, Texas. The teen can be seen in a now-viral video opening a tub of Tin Roof-flavored Blue Bell ice cream, licking it, and then putting it back on the store shelf for another unsuspecting customer to purchase.
Her minor status is why she is no longer facing the felony charge she was once rumored to be facing. The case is now in the hands of the Texas Juvenile Justice Department.
- Guards are now having to protect ice cream from the lickers
- Police may charge the Blue Bell ice cream licker with a felony
- People are licking ice cream and then putting it back on the shelf for this viral challenge
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.