- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
Lizzo takes tiny Valentino purse to the AMAs, spawning theories about what’s inside
‘I can’t believe Lizzo carried my self-esteem.’
Lizzo accessorized her stunning orange, ruffled gown with a very tiny Valentino purse at the American Music Awards on Sunday. And now fans online can’t stop sharing theories about what is inside.
During an interview on the red carpet, the “Truth Hurts” singer told PopSugar that her purse is one of only three ever made in the whole wide world. She also jokingly revealed its contents.
“Oh, I’ve got tampons in here, a flask of tequila, condoms…” Lizzo said.
She also posted a photo of herself with the purse on the red carpet, along with a caption that offered an alternate explanation for what she was carrying.
“Bag big enough for my fucks to give,” she captioned the shot.
But fans were not buying her response and took to Twitter to offer theories about just what Lizzo, whose real name is Melissa Jefferson, was really carrying in her tiny bag.
“I can’t believe Lizzo carried my self-esteem on the AMA’s red carpet,” Ben Yahr (@benyahr) quipped.
I can’t believe Lizzo carried my self esteem on the AMA’s red carpet pic.twitter.com/SfhMMTQ6MZ— Ben Yahr (@benyahr) November 24, 2019
Others imagined what they would carry in such a small purse.
That's my tiny purse after the impeachment hearings. pic.twitter.com/EMWlQ3fNvf— Lisa (@LPFeinberg) November 25, 2019
“Lizzo carried the amount of support Taylor Swift received from male musicians this year #AMAs,” BuzzFeed writer Ryan Schocket said.
Lizzo’s tiny purse debut even spawned a parody Twitter account dedicated to giving fans much-needed answers.
“Ya’ll hoes wanna know what’s inside of me?” the purse (@lizzostinybag) wrote, followed by several tweets answering the big question.
OMG 😭😭😭😭😩 https://t.co/gN7zNQNgHG— Feelin Good As Hell (@lizzo) November 25, 2019
“Me bringing all my enthusiasm to work,” the bag’s account tweeted.
Popeyes chicken sandwich pic.twitter.com/NbCPHgnDQY— Lizzo's Tiny Bag (@lizzostinybag) November 25, 2019
Though tiny, Lizzo’s bag obviously made a big splash online.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.