- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
Lizzo takes tiny Valentino purse to the AMAs, spawning theories about what’s inside
‘I can’t believe Lizzo carried my self-esteem.’
Lizzo accessorized her stunning orange, ruffled gown with a very tiny Valentino purse at the American Music Awards on Sunday. And now fans online can’t stop sharing theories about what is inside.
During an interview on the red carpet, the “Truth Hurts” singer told PopSugar that her purse is one of only three ever made in the whole wide world. She also jokingly revealed its contents.
“Oh, I’ve got tampons in here, a flask of tequila, condoms…” Lizzo said.
She also posted a photo of herself with the purse on the red carpet, along with a caption that offered an alternate explanation for what she was carrying.
“Bag big enough for my fucks to give,” she captioned the shot.
But fans were not buying her response and took to Twitter to offer theories about just what Lizzo, whose real name is Melissa Jefferson, was really carrying in her tiny bag.
“I can’t believe Lizzo carried my self-esteem on the AMA’s red carpet,” Ben Yahr (@benyahr) quipped.
I can’t believe Lizzo carried my self esteem on the AMA’s red carpet pic.twitter.com/SfhMMTQ6MZ— Ben Yahr (@benyahr) November 24, 2019
Others imagined what they would carry in such a small purse.
That's my tiny purse after the impeachment hearings. pic.twitter.com/EMWlQ3fNvf— Lisa (@LPFeinberg) November 25, 2019
“Lizzo carried the amount of support Taylor Swift received from male musicians this year #AMAs,” BuzzFeed writer Ryan Schocket said.
Lizzo’s tiny purse debut even spawned a parody Twitter account dedicated to giving fans much-needed answers.
“Ya’ll hoes wanna know what’s inside of me?” the purse (@lizzostinybag) wrote, followed by several tweets answering the big question.
OMG 😭😭😭😭😩 https://t.co/gN7zNQNgHG— Feelin Good As Hell (@lizzo) November 25, 2019
“Me bringing all my enthusiasm to work,” the bag’s account tweeted.
Popeyes chicken sandwich pic.twitter.com/NbCPHgnDQY— Lizzo's Tiny Bag (@lizzostinybag) November 25, 2019
Though tiny, Lizzo’s bag obviously made a big splash online.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.