- What are all these ‘Game of Thrones’ fans supposed to do now? 2 Years Ago
- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Thursday 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Thursday 3:30 PM
- Instagram expands experiment of hiding likes to 6 more countries Thursday 3:20 PM
- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Thursday 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Thursday 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Thursday 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying women can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Thursday 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Thursday 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Thursday 10:49 AM
Watch this 8-year-old hockey goalie dominate the dance floor in full pads and skates
When 8-year-old Noah Young takes to the ice as a hockey goalie for his Canadian junior team, he has two goals in mind: to stop as many shots as possible and to dance like everybody is watching.
We don’t know if Young is a capable goalie, but the video below proves that he can dance—in full pads no less—with the best of them. Here he is dominating ‘Juju On That Beat’ before a recent playoff game.
The video was posted earlier this week, and it’s garnered more than 4.6 million views on Facebook, turning Young into a dancing viral star. His mom, Paige Rowswell, told the Toronto Sun that young Noah took a hip-hop dance class last year and might have found another passion.
“When he’s not at net, you’ll see him dancing on the bench every time the whistle blows,” Rowswell told the paper.
Young, though, isn’t the first hockey goalie to dance his heart out on the ice. This goalie danced the Wobble while on skates, and this goalie proved you can bounce on the bench to heavy metal’s Sevendust.
But as good as Young is, New Jersey Devils goalie Keith Kinkaid is confident. He thinks he has what it takes to lay down a challenge to Young.
@AdamHenrique I could give him a run for his money. Only one way to settle this.. dance off— Keith Kinkaid (@Blockaid1) March 1, 2017
No doubt that our money would be on the 8-year-old to win that contest.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.