- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller 5 Years Ago
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Today 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Today 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
Man splattered with urine by bathroom hand dryer gets decent compensation
Now that’s customer service.
You know what’s really annoying? When you’re peeing at a urinal and the pee splashes back, leaving an embarrassing mark of recent relief all over your pants. But one man recently faced a fate much worse than just some moisture on his trousers.
While at Handmade Burger Company in Aberdeen, Scotland, Gordie Wallace went to use the restroom. Due to the poorly designed layout of the bathroom, the hand dryer went off mid-whiz, spraying his stream all over his pants and soaking his left shoe. He left a photo and a comment regarding the incident on the burger chain’s Facebook page.
Gross, right? But Handmade Burger Company wasn’t going to let this man walk away dissatisfied. So they offered him new sneakers and a yearlong supply of socks, along with this humorous comment.
Ace response from an ace food joint.
Photo via keepitsurreal/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.