- Viral video shows an egg getting a hot makeover Tuesday 7:56 PM
- New Netflix feature broadcasts what you’re watching via Instagram Tuesday 6:11 PM
- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march Tuesday 4:13 PM
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed Tuesday 3:38 PM
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Tuesday 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Tuesday 2:41 PM
- This meme is asking people how they draw the letter X Tuesday 1:18 PM
- Charlie Kirk’s love of U.S. healthcare system put to the test after back problems Tuesday 1:12 PM
- Fyre Fest caterer who was left broke has received $160,000 in donations Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job Tuesday 12:24 PM
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal Tuesday 12:20 PM
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? Tuesday 12:00 PM
- Rep. Steve King, best known for his racism, tweets a fake MLK quote Tuesday 11:54 AM
- Facebook is helping husbands ‘brainwash’ their wives with targeted ads Tuesday 11:35 AM
- Twitch streamer Pink_Sparkles responds to gamers who don’t think she belongs Tuesday 11:29 AM
Halloween is just around the corner, which means it’s time to stock up on candy. You probably already know that if you’ve bought up massive bags of treats for yourself, but what about your neighbors? Aren’t you going to give their costumed kids exactly what they want?
In the spirit of the consumer holiday, CandyStore.com has compiled an interactive map breaking down the most popular candies by state. The company culled from eight years of data, so you know they’re serious when they say Maine loses its shit over Sour Patch Kids.
Let’s move right to the important data points, though. Five states put their money where their mouths are and ranked candy corn above all other Halloween sweets. If you live in the following states, you’re trapped in a tasteless wasteland: Idaho, Michigan, New Mexico, Rhode Island, and South Carolina.
Peruse CandyStore.com’s map for better places to live with people who actually get you. Or delight in the fact that no one in Providence is gonna fuck with your Reese’s, truly the treat among the tricks around you.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.