- Laura Ingraham mocks Rep. Ilhan Omar’s accent in audio clip Sunday 5:46 PM
- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars Sunday 4:37 PM
- People have started laundering money on Fortnite Sunday 3:03 PM
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Sunday 1:25 PM
- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets Sunday 12:13 PM
- Leave Me Alurn is the ‘SNL’ product we wish existed in real life Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Sunday 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Sunday 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Sunday 1:00 AM
Google autocomplete reveals exactly what people think of your state
You gotta feel for Rhode Island.
We go to Google for anything and everything, and the search engine is so generous that it even autocompletes our questions for us. But those autocomplete responses can lead to some unexpected hilarity.
Case in point: This Mental Floss map of what Google suggests when you type in “Why does [state]…” Questions include: “Why does Texas want to secede,” “Why does Nevada allow prostitution,” “Why does Rhode Island exist,” “Why does Colorado hate California,” Why does Montana hate the FBI,” and our personal favorite, “Why does Florida suck?”
Now you know what people tend to think of the state you live or were born in. Just try not to hold it against them—that’s what smelly Nebraskans do.
Elijah Watson is an internet culture and entertainment reporter. His work has been published by the Daily Beast, Vice, Complex, Bustle, Uproxx, and Okayplayer.