- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
This GIF of a man wearing an inflatable T-rex costume is all you need right now
Bookmark it for times of sadness.
If you’re down in the dumps, you need this GIF.
If you’re happy, you still need this GIF.
If you’re riding a train, studying for an exam, eating an extra-cheese pizza, drinking a pint, playing Super Smash Bros., practicing the tuba, watching television, or shopping for new shoes—these things all call for this GIF. That’s because a guy in an inflatable T-rex costume, bouncing around on a Jump Pad is objectively better than Led Zeppelin’s Houses of the Holy. Observe:
The OP’s original GIF, which can be found here, experienced some difficulties with Imgur‘s video-to-GIF tool, which resulted in the plop at the end being cut short. After much noise in the comments, somebody used the source video to create the above result, which we’re going to define as the definitive version.
The source video comes from the Facebook page of Pickles B-Rex, where the dino brags that he’s already received an award for Best Jump Pad Exit – 2015. With three months remaining in 2015, the award shows a ton of confidence from its voting community.
Also on his Facebook page, you can hire him for, well… what wouldn’t you hire him for?
If you don’t see the endless possibilities of hiring an inflated dinosaur, maybe this pic of Pickles walking a girl home from school will kickstart your imagination:
You can also see the original video behind the GIF, which was captured by a friend and then shared by Pickles. For information on Pickles’ natural habitat and diet, there’s also this:
If you’re interested in joining Pickles B-Rex in the battle to make the world a better place, you can do so with an investment of merely $80 for the costume. (If you hated Jurassic World, maybe you should re-evaluate your feelings—do you think we’d still have this awesome GIF without all the super-weird merchandise being made for that movie?)
We also feel that a shoutout to the Jump Pad itself is in order—mainly because it’s amazing. It’s like a moon bounce, but seems like something that an adult shouldn’t be ashamed of being on. It also seems to be the size of a football field—you could have an entire party on that thing. So, yeah, check their site out there site .
Screengrabs via Beth Clay/Facebook | Remix by Joey Keeton
Joey Keeton is an entertainment writer who reviewed streaming movies, comedies, and TV series for the Daily Dot. He's also written about podcasts, bizarre web culture, and politics.