- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ 4 Years Ago
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Today 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
“It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.”
When Albert Einstein said that, he was talking about the atomic bomb, but couldn’t he have just as easily been talking about face swapping? I mean, didn’t we learn anything from John Travolta and Nicolas Cage? Swapping faces is evil and wrong!
For the uninitiated, Face Swap Live is a tool available on Snapchat and several other platforms that allows users to “swap” their face with another person, or even a photograph.
Even when it goes “right,” the results are creepy and weird.
But when it goes wrong, well, there’s never been anything wronger.
A video posted by Rami (@iramimustafa) on
A photo posted by Rue & Harper (@rue_and_harper) on
And, for the love of god, stop doing this with your children!
A photo posted by Carrie Sanders. (@carriemorrissanders) on
But most importantly, in the name of all that is good and holy, never ever face swap with yourself, lest you create one of these monstrosities:
We know that was hard to look at, but it’s for your own good. Leave your face on your own head—as god intended.
Unless you’re this guy. This guy is pretty funny.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.