- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Friday 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Friday 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Friday 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Friday 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Friday 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Friday 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Friday 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Friday 8:56 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for less than $1 Friday 8:34 AM
Dad arrested for throwing teen daughter a boozy, Playboy-themed birthday party
Tarnishing the good name of lawyers everywhere, father Jeff Lake of Poway, Calif., threw his 18-year-old daughter Liv a massive, booze-soaked, Playboy-style birthday party on Friday night—an act of wanton debauchery that could land him in jail for up to six months. Deputies who arrived to break up the revelry said that about 200 teens […]
Tarnishing the good name of lawyers everywhere, father Jeff Lake of Poway, Calif., threw his 18-year-old daughter Liv a massive, booze-soaked, Playboy-style birthday party on Friday night—an act of wanton debauchery that could land him in jail for up to six months.
Deputies who arrived to break up the revelry said that about 200 teens were in attendance, many wearing lingerie or the trademark bunny ears of Hugh Hefner’s waning porn empire (a brand that we’re shocked anyone born in the 1990s is even tangentially aware of). Two boys, aged 17 and 19, were found unconscious.
Liv’s mother, Jacki Lake—a former PTA president at Poway High School—had previously tweeted a birthday message in keeping with the “cool irresponsible parent” theme.
— Jacki Lake (@jackilake) December 6, 2014
Jeff Lake, who as an attorney focuses on medical marijuana cases, was arrested for violating a Poway ordinance that criminalizes the hosting of an event where underage kids consume alcohol. According to police, he wasn’t the only adult present, either.
“Huge thanks to everyone who was able to be a part of last night! I hope you all had a damn good time and that you’re all okay and safe,” tweeted Liv in the aftermath, according to an ABC affiliate. We can only hope someone pens a Penthouse letter about the whole thing.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'