- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
Chris Christie busts out his dad dance moves at Springsteen concert
This is the pure essence of Chris Christie.
Through it all, two things have remained consistent. One, he is a dorky guy from New Jersey. Two, he loves Bruce Springsteen, even if Bruce doesn’t love him back. Shouting along at a Springsteen show Monday night, Christie did a dance that encapsulates all of these qualities perfectly—the dance of his people.
Christie has attended more than 100 Springsteen concerts in his lifetime, but these are the clips that finally connect his fraught history as a Bruce fanboy with his reputation as the embodiment of Dad Dancing.
There could not be a dadder, more New Jersey man or dance than the one witnessed Monday night. After a years-long process of becoming, it’s finally here: the Christie singularity.
How much more Christie could this be? None. None more Christie.
Update 3:04pm CT: Christie also sang along with “Purple Rain,” which the Boss opened with as a tribute to Prince. In case you were wondering.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.