- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Thursday 11:33 AM
Chris Christie busts out his dad dance moves at Springsteen concert
This is the pure essence of Chris Christie.
Through it all, two things have remained consistent. One, he is a dorky guy from New Jersey. Two, he loves Bruce Springsteen, even if Bruce doesn’t love him back. Shouting along at a Springsteen show Monday night, Christie did a dance that encapsulates all of these qualities perfectly—the dance of his people.
Christie has attended more than 100 Springsteen concerts in his lifetime, but these are the clips that finally connect his fraught history as a Bruce fanboy with his reputation as the embodiment of Dad Dancing.
There could not be a dadder, more New Jersey man or dance than the one witnessed Monday night. After a years-long process of becoming, it’s finally here: the Christie singularity.
How much more Christie could this be? None. None more Christie.
Update 3:04pm CT: Christie also sang along with “Purple Rain,” which the Boss opened with as a tribute to Prince. In case you were wondering.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.