- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return 3 Years Ago
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show 3 Years Ago
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur 3 Years Ago
- Cop under investigation after implying Ocasio-Cortez should be shot 3 Years Ago
- The ‘Big Little Lies’ finale sucked—but at least we have Renata 3 Years Ago
- Wendy Davis announces she’s running for Congress Today 10:45 AM
- Please stop being horny on main for #IceBae and other horrible people Today 10:02 AM
- Illinois Republicans share ‘jihad squad’ meme of 4 Dem congresswomen Today 9:05 AM
- How a deepfake gets made Today 8:25 AM
- How to watch ‘Veronica Mars’ season 4 online Today 8:21 AM
- The MCU’s Phase 4 is all about Marvel getting weird Today 7:07 AM
- How alt porn site SuicideGirls gets women to pose naked for free Today 7:00 AM
- Why did the GOP launch a website hyping socialist candidates? Today 6:30 AM
- The macrophilia and size-change fetish communities are made possible through the magic of the internet Today 6:00 AM
- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
Chris Christie busts out his dad dance moves at Springsteen concert
This is the pure essence of Chris Christie.
Through it all, two things have remained consistent. One, he is a dorky guy from New Jersey. Two, he loves Bruce Springsteen, even if Bruce doesn’t love him back. Shouting along at a Springsteen show Monday night, Christie did a dance that encapsulates all of these qualities perfectly—the dance of his people.
Christie has attended more than 100 Springsteen concerts in his lifetime, but these are the clips that finally connect his fraught history as a Bruce fanboy with his reputation as the embodiment of Dad Dancing.
There could not be a dadder, more New Jersey man or dance than the one witnessed Monday night. After a years-long process of becoming, it’s finally here: the Christie singularity.
How much more Christie could this be? None. None more Christie.
Update 3:04pm CT: Christie also sang along with “Purple Rain,” which the Boss opened with as a tribute to Prince. In case you were wondering.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.