- Anti-reparations speaker has a SoundCloud album called ‘My D*ck Works Fine!’ 3 Years Ago
- Firearm companies can’t advertise guns on Instagram—but influencers can 3 Years Ago
- Roy Moore is running for Senate again, despite… you know Today 3:34 PM
- 72 officers removed from patrol over ‘offensive’ Facebook posts Today 3:32 PM
- Cuba Gooding Jr. turned himself in to the police—and it’s a meme now Today 3:26 PM
- Facebook would like to remind the world it owns Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus Today 3:10 PM
- Kutcher, Kunis debunk divorce rumor—and fans reply with ‘That ‘70s Show’ memes Today 3:00 PM
- Yes, Tifa’s breasts are smaller in Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Here’s why Today 1:33 PM
- Google admits bug could let people spy on Nest cameras Today 1:29 PM
- The Trump 2020 bot campaign has begun Today 1:10 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in July 2019 Today 12:39 PM
- Suicides in the U.S. are increasing at terrifying rates Today 12:32 PM
- Hannah’s season of ‘The Bachelorette’ goes up in smoke amid drama, receipts Today 12:27 PM
- Homophobic pastor blocked from hosting event at Cracker Barrel Today 12:01 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in July 2019 Today 12:01 PM
Petition launched to send ‘Making a Murderer’ subject Brendan Dassey to Wrestlemania
Dassey should probably be in the WWE Hall of Fame too.
Fans of Making a Murderer are celebrating the overturned convictions of Brendan Dassey, one of the subjects of the show who had been accused of killing a photographer with his uncle, Steven Avery. With Dassey eying freedom, his supporters are already looking to the road ahead. The road to Wrestlemania, that is.
In perhaps one of the most iconic moments of the Netflix docuseries, Dassey complains to his mother about missing Wrestlemania from jail. The 27-year-old has missed 11 of the WWE’s annual pay-per-view. This Change.org petition doesn’t want him to miss one more.
Launched by Matthew Kick, the petition calls for WWE head honcho Vince McMahon to send Dassey to Orlando for Wrestlemania 33, to be held on April 2. As of this writing, the petition to get Dassey to Wrestlemania has 332 signatures.
Chatter abounds for the event, which is over half a year away. The Big Show is set to retire, Triple H could serve as the next old as shit wrestler to humor Shane McMahon in a match, and maybe, hopefully—by the grace of God almighty—Dassey will also be elected to the WWE Hall of Fame.
I mean, if the Donald’s already a card-carrying member then any mark can probably make it in.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.