- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports resolution that could lead to Trump’s impeachment Thursday 9:46 PM
- Ricardo Milos dancing memes are the new Rickroll Thursday 9:09 PM
- Laura Loomer sues Twitter, Muslim lobbying group over account ban Thursday 8:15 PM
- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
- 28 smokin’ hot gifts for your stoner friend Thursday 1:33 PM
- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report Thursday 1:28 PM
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups Thursday 1:15 PM
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo Thursday 12:57 PM
- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape Thursday 12:08 PM
Petition launched to send ‘Making a Murderer’ subject Brendan Dassey to Wrestlemania
Dassey should probably be in the WWE Hall of Fame too.
Fans of Making a Murderer are celebrating the overturned convictions of Brendan Dassey, one of the subjects of the show who had been accused of killing a photographer with his uncle, Steven Avery. With Dassey eying freedom, his supporters are already looking to the road ahead. The road to Wrestlemania, that is.
In perhaps one of the most iconic moments of the Netflix docuseries, Dassey complains to his mother about missing Wrestlemania from jail. The 27-year-old has missed 11 of the WWE’s annual pay-per-view. This Change.org petition doesn’t want him to miss one more.
Launched by Matthew Kick, the petition calls for WWE head honcho Vince McMahon to send Dassey to Orlando for Wrestlemania 33, to be held on April 2. As of this writing, the petition to get Dassey to Wrestlemania has 332 signatures.
Chatter abounds for the event, which is over half a year away. The Big Show is set to retire, Triple H could serve as the next old as shit wrestler to humor Shane McMahon in a match, and maybe, hopefully—by the grace of God almighty—Dassey will also be elected to the WWE Hall of Fame.
I mean, if the Donald’s already a card-carrying member then any mark can probably make it in.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.