- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog 1 Year Ago
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle 1 Year Ago
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia 1 Year Ago
- ‘Bully. Coward. Victim.’ dives deep into the life of an ‘evil’ man 1 Year Ago
- Paul Rudd acts his tail off in Netflix’s ‘Living With Yourself’ 1 Year Ago
- Amazon’s ‘Modern Love’ adaptation feels like an ad for love Today 7:00 AM
- Paul Dano will play the Riddler in ‘The Batman’ Today 6:59 AM
- How Fakku pulled classic dating game True Love ’95 out of licensing hell Today 6:00 AM
- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Thursday 4:35 PM
Veteran voice actor Unshō Ishizuka, whose body of work includes Pokémon, Cowboy Bebop, Lupin the 3rd, Dragon Ball Super, and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, is dead. He was 67. (A more traditional method of calculating age in Japan puts his age at 68.)
His career in voice acting spans more than three decades and dozens of anime, films, and video games. He was the voice of Jet Black on Cowboy Bebop and fans of the Japanese version of Pokémon, however, might recognize him as the voice of Professor Oak and the narrator, which he provided in multiple series and movies. His resume is extensive, which credits him for voicing characters in the Tekken video game series, Naruto, Trigun, Yu-Gi-Oh!, One Piece, and Attack on Titan. He is also the narrator of Ulysses: Jeanne d’Arc to Renkin no Kishi, which will debut in October 2018.
Ishizuka also dubbed dozens of live-action and animated films and TV. Several of his of those credits include films starring Liam Neeson and Laurence Fishburne, but he also dubbed voices of many other films and shows like Jurassic World, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Lilo and Stitch, Wreck-It Ralph, and CSI: Miami.
A public memorial for Ishizuka will be announced later by his family.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.