- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Today 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Friday 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Friday 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Friday 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Friday 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Friday 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Friday 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Friday 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Friday 8:56 AM
Even Honest Trailers can’t decide if ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ is great or terrible
The conversation surrounding Star Wars: The Last Jedi (and the backlash that ensued) has gone in circles for months, but now that the film is now available to buy and rent, Screen Junkies has gone meta to take another stab at that debate.
With snark that serves as a commentary on both The Last Jedi and Star Wars fans themselves, Jon Bailey and Ted Evans take on the film’s many gripes and revelations with just as much passion as people had back when they first saw it. The newest look surely won’t convince anyone to change their mind about The Last Jedi, but they’re eventually both able to find aspects of the movie they agreed on. At this point, it seems like a minor miracle.
And they’re just as aware that some fans’ resolve to never see another Star Wars movie again will last only up until the next Star Wars movie is released.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.