- Tom Steyer calls for reparations Tuesday 9:05 PM
- Etika mural added as official PokéStop in Pokémon Go Tuesday 8:35 PM
- Debate devolves into candidates shouting ‘math’ at each other Tuesday 8:19 PM
- Bloomberg rolls his eyes when challenged over sexist comments Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Bloomberg almost accidentally claims he ‘bought’ Congress Tuesday 8:03 PM
- ‘Dick Pound’ and ‘Bisexual Men Exist’ trend together–Twitter goes wild Tuesday 7:54 PM
- James Charles receives backlash over ‘racist’ imitation of Latinx TikTok character, Rosa Tuesday 7:06 PM
- Video shows people harassing elderly Asian man while he collects cans Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO, prompting conspiracy theories Tuesday 5:53 PM
- Bhad Bhabie threatens to kill Skai Jackson amid feud involving their moms Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing Tuesday 3:51 PM
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video Tuesday 3:30 PM
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Tuesday 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Tuesday 2:33 PM
Mark Ruffalo and Robert Downey are clothes-swapping for Memorial Day
The Science bros are back and on vacation. Lucky for the rest of us they’re also on social media.
Friends, we live in a golden age, an age where superheroes not only go on vacation together, but take selfies and share them with the rest of us on social media.
Now we’re hopeful that the green half of our Bruce Banner/Tony Stark “Science Bros” OTP will convince Downey Jr. to follow him to Tumblr and Instagram and Facebook, where he’s posting selfies of the two of them enjoying their Memorial Day weekend together.
Downey already has an Instagram, but alas, it stands empty and deserted. His Facebook account is a sadly selfie-less land of memes and the kind of in-jokes that abound when you’re one of the most famous humans on the planet. But knowing how much our favorite red-suited titanium superhero loves selfies, we’re guessing that will change soon. It seems Ruffalo is influencing him for the better.
I mean, hey, they’re already clothes-swapping:
“Glasses swapping is as wild as we get these days,” Ruffalo wrote. “Happy swapping on Memorial Day weekend with Mark and Bob.”
Meanwhile, on Twitter, Downey countered with the “Before” of the cute couple’s before and after segment:
“Safety first this Memorial Day weekend,” Downey tweeted. “Strap in with Mark and Bob! “
Okay, we know that Downey Jr. has the sparkly ability to turn everyone he works with into his best friend, but really, what these two have is special.
Thanks, guys, for kicking our Memorial Day weekend off to a great start.
Photo via Instagram
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.