- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Today 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Today 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Today 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Today 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Today 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Today 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Today 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Today 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Today 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Today 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Today 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Today 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel are finally joining forces
‘Ms. Marvel’ fans have been waiting for this moment since the beginning.
Bringing superheroes together in the Marvel universe in each other’s comics is nothing new, but in an upcoming issue of Ms. Marvel, Kamala will face her real-life idol Carol Danvers, a.k.a. Captain Marvel for Marvel’s Secret Wars arc.
The reveal came via a list of Marvel’s comics scheduled for July 2015, including the cover for Ms. Marvel #17. It features a stoic Carol while Kamala holds on, and even though all hell might be breaking loose, she’s thrilled to death about meeting her idol.
“The team-up to end all team-ups has finally arrived!” the announcement reads. “Carol ‘Captain Marvel’ Danvers and Kamala ‘Ms. Marvel’ Khan face the end of the world HEAD ON in this epic issue.”
Although comic announcements themselves might not be widespread, it didn’t take long before the Carol Corps and the Kamala Corps to spread the news.
The cat is out of the bag. MS MARVEL 17 features a very special guest…
— G. Willow Wilson (@GWillowWilson) April 21, 2015
The meeting of Carol and Kamala has been a long time coming for Ms. Marvel fans. Although Kamala is her own person, she’s been influenced by Carol from the start. She has a poster of Captain Marvel on her wall and when she’s emerged in the Terrigen Mists, she has a hallucination of Captain Marvel, Captain America, and Iron Man. At first, she wants to be Carol.
When she comes out of the Mists, she initially looks like Carol whenever she uses her powers, and although she adopts Carol’s former name, she’s able to make a name for herself—but still looks to Carol for inspiration when she has a moment or two to herself.
But along with being a superhero and an Inhuman, Kamala is an unapologetic fangirl and still writes fanfiction about the Avengers when she’s not at school or fighting the Inventor, and her first reaction upon meeting Wolverine was to tell him about the fanfic she wrote about him and Storm.
Kamala is one of us.
So just how excited will Kamala be once she meets Carol? It really depends on the context, and with Secret Wars in play anything could go. But “pure unadulterated joy” wouldn’t be a far-off guess.
Photo via Marvel Comics
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.