- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
Trainers can now catch Latias and Latios—the two psychic dragons from the Hoenn region—in Pokémon Go starting Monday for a limited time.
“Drawn to compassionate spirits, the Eon Pokémon Latias and Latios are known for being highly intelligent, and are able to communicate telepathically with humans,” Pokémon Go said in a statement. “They are also stealthy and extremely fast in flight—with Latias able to use its down to refract light to make itself invisible and Latios able to overtake jet planes. Make sure you encounter these special and elusive Pokémon while they roam during this limited time.”
Starting Monday, players in Europe and Asia will be able to fight Latias, the smaller of the two, in Raid Battles. Meanwhile, North American, South American, and African players can try to catch Latios. After May 8, they’ll swap regions, giving everybody a chance to complete the set.
Latias and Latios will be available on the game until June 5, according to Niantic.
Last week, the app also added research tasks and new in-game challenges for players to complete for rewards and implied that trainers may soon be able to capture the legendary Mew.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.