- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 2 Years Ago
- Michelle Wolf embraces vulgarity in ‘Joke Show’ 2 Years Ago
- Influencer gets 14 years in prison for trying to steal domain name at gunpoint 2 Years Ago
- ‘Three Days of Christmas’ is a delightfully dark holiday alternative to Hallmark 2 Years Ago
- The way Trump Jr. holds his own book inspires mockery Today 3:47 PM
- Woman facing backlash for no longer wearing hijab in end of the decade photo Today 3:16 PM
- Report: Consulting firm lied about decreasing violence at Rikers Island jail Today 2:36 PM
- TikTok users are sharing things they thought were ‘ghetto’ as kids Today 2:31 PM
- Republicans just blocked a net neutrality vote in the Senate Today 2:24 PM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ host stuck using dad’s account after Twitter suspension Today 1:10 PM
- ‘They’ is Merriam-Webster’s word of the year Today 12:56 PM
- Inside Dolby’s big ‘Star Wars’ retrospective exhibition Today 12:48 PM
- Amazon’s ‘Clifford the Big Red Dog’ reboot isn’t for you—and that’s fine Today 11:50 AM
- Walmart pulls ‘Let it snow’ cocaine sweater, ruining Christmas Today 11:30 AM
- The way Facebook serves political ads could be driving polarization Today 11:10 AM
Director James Gunn is in the midst of planning the third Guardians of the Galaxy movie, and while details are scarce at the moment, one casting could potentially get its start in a very unlikely place.
To be clear, nobody has been announced for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, but one fan asked Gunn if he could cast Mark Hamill in the upcoming film. It’s likely this isn’t the first time fans have taken their casting requests directly to Gunn—who’s one of the more active Marvel Studios directors on social media—but Gunn was interested enough to entertain the idea, noting that the two were likely neighbors.
I think @HamillHimself lives around the corner from me in Malibu so he can just come over and we can talk about it over a cup of coffee.— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) February 26, 2018
Hamill eventually responded that he’d be interested in hearing what Gunn has to say. For one thing, it’d be the neighborly thing to do, but after The Last Jedi, Hamill suddenly has a lot of free time on his hands.
I would be happy to do so, both as a good neighbor & an unemployed actor.— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) February 26, 2018
All the best, mh
Gunn and Hamill could’ve played it off as a silly Twitter interaction between two central geeky figures, but Gunn responded that he was into it. Now all they needed to do was take it to their DMs and get the ball rolling once they figure out the mechanics of Twitter.
Haha let’s do it.— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) February 26, 2018
DM me for my contact info if you're serious.— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) February 26, 2018
(& a good neighbor)
They even had Josh Gad intrigued about the idea.
It’s too early to speculate who Hamill might play if this Twitter interaction actually does lead to him being cast in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3; he can easily portray heroes or villains. But if it doesn’t work out? Getting to know your neighbor over a good cup of coffee is always a great way to spend your day, too.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.