- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
Director James Gunn is in the midst of planning the third Guardians of the Galaxy movie, and while details are scarce at the moment, one casting could potentially get its start in a very unlikely place.
To be clear, nobody has been announced for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, but one fan asked Gunn if he could cast Mark Hamill in the upcoming film. It’s likely this isn’t the first time fans have taken their casting requests directly to Gunn—who’s one of the more active Marvel Studios directors on social media—but Gunn was interested enough to entertain the idea, noting that the two were likely neighbors.
I think @HamillHimself lives around the corner from me in Malibu so he can just come over and we can talk about it over a cup of coffee.— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) February 26, 2018
Hamill eventually responded that he’d be interested in hearing what Gunn has to say. For one thing, it’d be the neighborly thing to do, but after The Last Jedi, Hamill suddenly has a lot of free time on his hands.
I would be happy to do so, both as a good neighbor & an unemployed actor.— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) February 26, 2018
All the best, mh
Gunn and Hamill could’ve played it off as a silly Twitter interaction between two central geeky figures, but Gunn responded that he was into it. Now all they needed to do was take it to their DMs and get the ball rolling once they figure out the mechanics of Twitter.
Haha let’s do it.— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) February 26, 2018
DM me for my contact info if you're serious.— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) February 26, 2018
(& a good neighbor)
They even had Josh Gad intrigued about the idea.
It’s too early to speculate who Hamill might play if this Twitter interaction actually does lead to him being cast in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3; he can easily portray heroes or villains. But if it doesn’t work out? Getting to know your neighbor over a good cup of coffee is always a great way to spend your day, too.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.