- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Friday 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Friday 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Friday 12:31 PM
Director James Gunn is in the midst of planning the third Guardians of the Galaxy movie, and while details are scarce at the moment, one casting could potentially get its start in a very unlikely place.
To be clear, nobody has been announced for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, but one fan asked Gunn if he could cast Mark Hamill in the upcoming film. It’s likely this isn’t the first time fans have taken their casting requests directly to Gunn—who’s one of the more active Marvel Studios directors on social media—but Gunn was interested enough to entertain the idea, noting that the two were likely neighbors.
I think @HamillHimself lives around the corner from me in Malibu so he can just come over and we can talk about it over a cup of coffee.— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) February 26, 2018
Hamill eventually responded that he’d be interested in hearing what Gunn has to say. For one thing, it’d be the neighborly thing to do, but after The Last Jedi, Hamill suddenly has a lot of free time on his hands.
I would be happy to do so, both as a good neighbor & an unemployed actor.— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) February 26, 2018
All the best, mh
Gunn and Hamill could’ve played it off as a silly Twitter interaction between two central geeky figures, but Gunn responded that he was into it. Now all they needed to do was take it to their DMs and get the ball rolling once they figure out the mechanics of Twitter.
Haha let’s do it.— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) February 26, 2018
DM me for my contact info if you're serious.— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) February 26, 2018
(& a good neighbor)
They even had Josh Gad intrigued about the idea.
It’s too early to speculate who Hamill might play if this Twitter interaction actually does lead to him being cast in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3; he can easily portray heroes or villains. But if it doesn’t work out? Getting to know your neighbor over a good cup of coffee is always a great way to spend your day, too.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.